United Commercial Travelers of America

InsuranceJosh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
NC
Anybody know who this is? I can not find them on AMbest and they have the lowest rates in the state this year.

I just looked and the rates in 2007 for a 65yr old male on an F plan was 320 a month.

Now they are the lowest in the state???

Anybody know who this is? I can not find them on AMbest and they have the lowest rates in the state this year.

They use to be the lowest in Florida and i wrote over 200 between 1995 - 1998 and i am faithfully still getting 7 % renewals even though i haven't wrote a piece of business since then.

This is good opportunity to build a book business since we all know consumers mostly buy med supps on based on premium. In fact my selling tool when i was marketing UTC in Florida was theState Of Florida's Shopper Guide for Medicare Supplement that list all the plans and rates and i would show that UTC was lowest in the book.

They are the lowest or among the lowest in most states, and that's including when you factor in the fraternal fee. My understanding is that their rates aren't going up this year either. They are more selective with underwriting than companies like United World and Admiral in that they don't accept insulin dependent diabetics. Another good feature is that if you fax in the app and it is on bank draft, you don't have to collect the first month's premium.

The last time they were rated it was a C+, if I recall correctly, but they haven't been rated since about 2004. Since they are a fraternal company I don't think they have to be rated every year. They are reinsured by Gen re which I believe is A+ or A++

They are the lowest or among the lowest in most states, and that's including when you factor in the fraternal fee. My understanding is that their rates aren't going up this year either. They are more selective with underwriting than companies like United World and Admiral in that they don't accept insulin dependent diabetics. Another good feature is that if you fax in the app and it is on bank draft, you don't have to collect the first month's premium.

The last time they were rated it was a C+, if I recall correctly, but they haven't been rated since about 2004. Since they are a fraternal company I don't think they have to be rated every year. They are reinsured by Gen re which I believe is A+ or A++

None of my Med supp or Final Expense companies require me to collect the first months premium.

The rumor I have heard on the company is that about 5 years ago they had to rate increase themselves out of contention. This might be why they are not rated with AM Best. I know that they have recently taken rate increases in several states. I do not believe NC was one of them.

Back