United/Golden Rule

jerrykramer64fan

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Without getting sloppy here, I want to express my thanks to the Golden Rule claims dept. In the past 6 months I have had three people come down with internal cancers. In every case there has been no re-underwriting as far as I can tell. All claims were paid in a very timely manner. One customer with a HSA sent in around $700 in Rx receipts and received a check within one week. He called me to thank me and Golden Rule for their fantastic service. He thanked me for putting his wife on the plan and he became an instant A+ referral source. They were Katrina refugees that came to WI a few months after the storm and to have this next catastrophe taken care of quickly and beyond his expectations, was a welcome relief.
So, if there are any United folks cruising the boards, Kudos to you and your company.

:yes:

I tell you what, there is nothing that will pucker your ****hole quicker than picking up the phone and hearing" Hi Craig, I'm calling you to let you know my wife got cancer and the insurance company...) at that point I crossed my chest, my fingers, and did three hail mary's (And I'm not even catholic), only to hear how happy they are.

I felt sad for the person, but got a warm and fuzzy knowing that if I did one thing right this year, it was convincing that person of the need for coverage, and knowing they won't lose everything on top of dealing with cancer.
:cool:

Thanks for posting, I do a lot of business with them and always like to hear positive things about the carriers I work with. God knows there are enough negative things out there already.

I have 200+ clients with Golden Rule and have never had single complaint with claims. Two of my clients had breast cancer and everything got paid and take care of. Even when the radiologist and other hospital techs try to pull the out of network crap, golden rule picks up the bill.

Its a shame they aren't an admitted state company. I think they would take over the market if they just gave in and got admitted.

Golden Rule will be no longer after this year. I think United Health Care is changing the name of plan/company to "United Health One."

Its a shame they aren't an admitted state company. I think they would take over the market if they just gave in and got admitted.

I assume you're talking about Florida?

They are "admitted". If they weren't, they wouldn't be doing business in the state.

This is one subject I hear just about more misinformation and ignorance about than any other. It comes a lot from competitors trying to bash Golden Rule.

Their plan is filed as an "association group plan" in the State of Florida. This does NOT mean that they don't have to follow the statutes to offer individual health insurance in FL - they do. All the state mandated benefits have to be included. In addition, you can't be singled out for cancellation or rate increase as well.

Here's where it comes into play: they do NOT need the FL DOIs permission on rate increases (the primary reason they do it).

Bottom line: it leads to bigger and more frequent rate increases than the four plans that are "Florida-filed" (BCBSFL, Humana, Aetna & Avalon).

Hope that clears up the confusion.

I assume you're talking about Florida?

They are "admitted". If they weren't, they wouldn't be doing business in the state.

This is one subject I hear just about more misinformation and ignorance about than any other. It comes a lot from competitors trying to bash Golden Rule.

Their plan is filed as an "association group plan" in the State of Florida. This does NOT mean that they don't have to follow the statutes to offer individual health insurance in FL - they do. All the state mandated benefits have to be included. In addition, you can't be singled out for cancellation or rate increase as well.

Here's where it comes into play: they do NOT need the FL DOIs permission on rate increases (the primary reason they do it).

Bottom line: it leads to bigger and more frequent rate increases than the four plans that are "Florida-filed" (BCBSFL, Humana, Aetna & Avalon).

Hope that clears up the confusion.

BASHING... Maybe it comes from perceptions that were put in place years ago... at least that is how I see it.

Many of these health ins cos, Assurant, GR, et al, USED TO be heck on wheels when it came to cutting loose with the claims dollars... now I am talking about 20 yrs ago, but the stigma does live on in many peoples minds... I hear this from clients when they have a negative opinion about one of the companies, and when you delve into where that opinion was formed, it is many times seated quite a long time back.

I for one am glad to see that the claims payment attitude has changed by many of the ins cos today... It seems that maybe they have MATURED... or realized that in todays litigious society, foot dragging on claims is a loosing proposition; (just ask MEGA).

Back