United Healthcare PFFS

RickT

Expert
New to the forum. Just wondering if UHC will still be having the $0 PFFS. I live/work in a rural area. Just considering all options for my clients.

Thanks,

Looks like UHC has pulled all of their PFFS for 2014. Not too many carriers left with a PFFS.

I don't believe UH has pulled all of their PFFS plans from what I have heard they are still available in some counties. Hopefully we will get all the plan information fairly soon.

Hello. I am very new in the insurance industry. Would anyone care to explain to me the terms GAs and PFFs?

Greetings Forum. I'm licensed, as most all of us are, to sell Life and Health Insurance. I'd appreciate some insight into the matter of trying to figure out which of the two insurance sales modes is considered to be the less complicated and more lucrative of the two, and why.

Thank you

Greetings Forum. I'm licensed, as most all of us are, to sell Life and Health Insurance. I'd appreciate some insight into the matter of trying to figure out which of the two insurance sales modes is considered to be the less complicated and more lucrative of the two, and why.

Thank you

I'm sure you will find that there are quite a few here that are not licensed insurance agents.

What are the true advantages of being an independent sales agent over being a captive sales agent? Or is it just a matter of preference?

I don't believe UH has pulled all of their PFFS plans from what I have heard they are still available in some counties. Hopefully we will get all the plan information fairly soon.

Sorry my friend, they are still going to be available in certain counties. UHC sent out an email today listing all of their plans by county, whether or not that particular plan is continued for 2014 and what it will look like in 2014. The PFFS plan is definitely on there and being continued in certain counties.

----------

What are the true advantages of being an independent sales agent over being a captive sales agent? Or is it just a matter of preference?

Do you believe one company has a plan that is a fit for ALL people? If not, then that's one of the biggest advantages of being independent. I can always find the right plan for the client. I never have to lose a client because I don't have a plan that meets their needs. If your goal is to always do what is right for the client, then as a captive, you would have to walk away from some sales because no one company is the best for everyone.

And then there's just the fact that I don't have to report to anyone. I don't have to submit reports, be at weekly meetings, etc. I don't like to say never, but I likely will never be captive again. I started in 1989 as a captive agent. Went independent in 1998 and never looked back.

Back