United National Life Dental

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
How many agents selling the UNL Dental plan have ever looked at the outline of coverage? It revals much more than what the brochure reveals.. such as:

Major Dental Services are provided after 12 months, including:

Surgical Tooth Extraction (outpatient only) and Full-Mouth Extractions: Subject to Calendar Year Maximum Benefit.

Endodontic Services (Root Canals) 1 every 2 Calendar Years

Crowns, Inlays, Onlays 1 every 3 Calendar Years

Dentures and Bridges: 1 every 3 Calendar Years

It will only pay for one crown every 3 years or one root canal every 3 years? That sure makes Manhattan look like a bargain even at the new rates...

I don't think I have ever found a dental plan worth selling!

I'd love to have one though :)

How many agents selling the UNL Dental plan have ever looked at the outline of coverage? It revals much more than what the brochure reveals.. such as:

Major Dental Services are provided after 12 months, including:

Surgical Tooth Extraction (outpatient only) and Full-Mouth Extractions: Subject to Calendar Year Maximum Benefit.

Endodontic Services (Root Canals) 1 every 2 Calendar Years

Crowns, Inlays, Onlays 1 every 3 Calendar Years

Dentures and Bridges: 1 every 3 Calendar Years

It will only pay for one crown every 3 years or one root canal every 3 years? That sure makes Manhattan look like a bargain even at the new rates...
Damn. I haven't looked that closely, because they're priced with Manhattan, with weak Vision coverage and no Hearing Aid coverage.

I just ordered supplies for the stand alone Dental/Vision and had't even looked at them. Just did. When they went stand alone, they added all that crap. 2 fillings a year...I'm file 13ing that. The only advantage they have is they pay on Actual Charges(if they pay), 80% coverage in 1st year(if they pay)and a $2,000 annual max.. :nah::nah:

Last edited:
Damn. I haven't looked that closely, because they're priced with Manhattan, with weak Vision coverage and no Hearing Aid coverage.

I just ordered supplies for the stand alone Dental/Vision and had't even looked at them. Just did. When they went stand alone, they added all that crap. 2 fillings a year...I'm file 13ing that. The only advantage they have is they pay on Actual Charges(if they pay) and 80% coverage in 1st year(if they pay). :nah::nah:
Yeah.. I had not noticed it until today Fortunately I have not sold any of it... Seems they have a habit of giving with one hand and taking away with another.. Kind of like their "First Diagnosis" cancer plan.. Says it will pay for the first diagnosis of cancer after the effective date. They have told me that if a person has stomach cancer diagnosed after the policy is issued they will pay and then if a person is diagnosed with lung cancer two years later they will also pay for that but I haven't ever gotten it in writing..

Yeah.. I had not noticed it until today Fortunately I have not sold any of it... Seems they have a habit of giving with one hand and taking away with another.. Kind of like their "First Diagnosis" cancer plan.. Says it will pay for the first diagnosis of cancer after the effective date. They have told me that if a person has stomach cancer diagnosed after the policy is issued they will pay and then if a person is diagnosed with lung cancer two years later they will also pay for that but I haven't ever gotten it in writing..
I'd definitely want that in writing before I told that to anybody. If that were true, it would give them a huge niche.

I didn't know they had a 1st diagnosis cancer plan. GTL has the 1st diagnosis and UNL has the schedule of benefits that you can add a lump sum rider up to $20K. GTL used to offer both.

I just saw a 1st diagnosis lump sum plan that you can add a rider so you can use it twice. All the ones I've seen, they pay once and the coverage ends. I can't remember who it was with.

I'd definitely want that in writing before I told that to anybody. If that were true, it would give them a huge niche.

I didn't know they had a 1st diagnosis cancer plan. GTL has the 1st diagnosis and UNL has the schedule of benefits that you can add a lump sum rider up to $20K. GTL used to offer both.

I just saw a 1st diagnosis lump sum plan that you can add a rider so you can use it twice. All the ones I've seen, they pay once and the coverage ends. I can't remember who it was with.
Their regular expense incurred cancer plan is labeled a "First Diagnosis Cancer Plan.".. Then the lump sum benefit rider is called an "Express Pay Benefit".

Their regular expense incurred cancer plan is labeled a "First Diagnosis Cancer Plan.".. Then the lump sum benefit rider is called an "Express Pay Benefit".
That's kind of misleading. About like calling "Modified" Graded..

Yes, I see it right on the front of the brochure.

First Diagnosis Cancer Insurance
Scheduled Benefit Plan

Back