United of Omaha to Raise Rates 40%?

I've been with United of Omaha since Feb 2011 and switched from AARP United Healthcare due to their rate increase. I just got notified that mine and my wife's rate is to increase by 30% in October 2012. My agent is sending info on a lesser plan with a deductible. I'll check it out, but think I'll be switching to another plan. There are other plans around and we are in great health, but won't pay the new rate.
It really seems like they offer a low rate to get you, then raise the rate after you're in.

I've been with United of Omaha since Feb 2011 and switched from AARP United Healthcare due to their rate increase. I just got notified that mine and my wife's rate is to increase by 30% in October 2012. My agent is sending info on a lesser plan with a deductible. I'll check it out, but think I'll be switching to another plan. There are other plans around and we are in great health, but won't pay the new rate.
It really seems like they offer a low rate to get you, then raise the rate after you're in.

what state are u in ??

Can I assume that this thread was based on an ugly rumore? Anybody with a 40% rate hike is wanting to get out of the business and Mutual of Omaha owns the market in far too many states. The smartest Med Supp company I have ever seen.

medwining said:
Can I assume that this thread was based on an ugly rumore? Anybody with a 40% rate hike is wanting to get out of the business and Mutual of Omaha owns the market in far too many states. The smartest Med Supp company I have ever seen.

Maybe if you weren't so involved in selling your braces you could keep up on the insurance game. You obviously aren't an insurance agent.

:laugh:
:laugh:

You don't sell much MOO then. Yep, real smart company, I agree, the call center agents are top notch as well, after all, its a genius move to have call center agents steal sales from brokers, after all they save money that way---right???

Outside of NC, I refuse to sell a plan to anyone who isn't in great health, period.

Yes, MOO is the smartest company at least in NC. They sell here under 3 different names. Each company opens with better rates than the last one. So all the younger heathy Supp folks switch companies while those too sick to switch stay locked in the old company. Nobody else does that.

As to braces, yes I do promote them for agents. You give away free Medicare braces and gain an income and customer loyalty. What is wrong with that? I think every agent ought to have them.

Back