UnitedHealth One Golden Ruke

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am interested in some feedback on agents that have worked with UHC One/Golden Rule products. Pricing, UW, pros/cons, commission, etc....

At this moment those individual major medical plans by Uhc not available for sale in Arizona or California :o
Only Short term medical and group is available in those states my rep confirmed to me 3 months ago...maybe your state is different

At one point I put a fair amount of major med business with GR, especially their HSA product. That was at least 6 years ago, maybe longer.

They have not been a factor in GA in at least 5 years and didn't offer any major med plans in 2014.

No way to know what they will have if they show up at the table in 2015. I understand they filed plans in a neighboring state that was rejected because the benefits did not meet Obamacare standards.

FWIW they always had squirrely language in their contracts that allowed them to wiggle out of paying claims. Most consumers would never pick it up but astute agents were either selective in which plans they offered or they just never bothered to show them.

I didn't have any problem with them when they really wanted to write business here but once they got too big to care I dropped them.

Their STM product is priced aggressively here this year. That's about the only thing positive I can think of.

And in case you missed it, Obamacare eliminated underwriting so that is no longer a consideration.

Good point on UW !

I am interested in finding some type of health as I have a 64 yr old female that needs some insurance until she is MC eligible. I do not have much info on her at this pt except not on MC and not eligible for Tenncare.

Good point on UW !

I am interested in finding some type of health as I have a 64 yr old female that needs some insurance until she is MC eligible. I do not have much info on her at this pt except not on MC and not eligible for Tenncare.

Then I presume she is a TN resident. My answer was about GA (based on your "flag").

If she "needs" coverage then an Obamacare plan might be her only option. Some STM carriers will issue up to age 64 3/4 but those are underwritten.

My experience in TN with them is that they traditionally have been higher price wise, at least in my area. STM rates in the West end of the state tend to be cheaper with Blue.

November 10, 2014

Has United Healthcare assumed all Major Medical business from Golden Rule and shut that unit down? When I go to GoldenRule.com , there's no more mention of Golden Rule at all.

I see Golden Rule QHP commissions being discussed in other threads in this forum, but there's no mention of Golden Rule QHPlans (or G.R.) at Health Insurance Made Simple | UnitedHealthOne.
ac

You have to use uhone.com now, instead of GoldenRule.com.

I understand Ann. In fact, if you enter the URL Goldenrule.com, it redirects to UnitedHealthOne.com. I was merely asking if there is a Golden Rule any longer in the Major Medical market?

I still have Grandfathered Golden Rule policies on the books.
Wrote those policies years ago when prices were competitive in certain areas of Tx.
But, I don't think they are using Golden Rule any longer to market ANY new (2015) products.

On second thought, maybe they ARE still using Golden Rule for STM.

When I called them to see if I needed an appointment for the 2015 companies (like All Savers for On-exchange business), they said that they took care of that FOR me...and I was licensed to sell all of their 2015 ind/fam products.

Back