UnitedHealthcare Customers Are Unhappy About Cuts To SilverSneakers Fitness Program

Funny thing about seniors... they seem to like knowing they have something like that even if they never use it. Sorry to hear that they are dropping it. Years ago when I was selling Humana, it was a great selling point.

While I agree there are many are like that

I do have enough that verify specific gyms that I know the utilization number is not as low as 4%

If they said 15% or so I would more agree based on that logic

but 4% no way

Honestly I think they just want to justify the change

So they say

Many of my clients use it though

I just switched a bunch in NY from AARP medsupp to BC because of SS alone

Last AEP I remember one couple, just beside themselves about losing it.

We applied to switch them to Humana... saved them like $50 monthly, and they could keep silversneakers.

Then we talked rates for non-silversneakers options (2nd time I brought it up... the first time he pretty much said he only wanted rates w/ ss... but I felt like they really should know how much the "free gym" was costing - covering my bases) and it took some prodding and finally the wife said, "John! We've had Silversneakers for 6 years and you have not gone to the gym one time! We don't need it even if all our friends have it!"

Saved them another 40 & cancelled the Humana app...

We applied to switch them to Humana... saved them like $50 monthly, and they could keep silversneakers.

Then we talked rates for non-silversneakers options (2nd time I brought it up... the first time he pretty much said he only wanted rates w/ ss... but I felt like they really should know how much the "free gym" was costing - covering my bases) and it took some prodding and finally the wife said, "John! We've had Silversneakers for 6 years and you have not gone to the gym one time! We don't need it even if all our friends have it!"

yes there are plenty like that but 4% is not reality

Def underutilized though

I do have enough that go to specific gym beforehand too

Look its a selling point if UHC does not offer they will lose buis regardless

they will lose those that use the gym and those who think they will go one day

Also, I do agree when there is good saving on medd supp they will do away with SS

In NY the price is near the same and elsewhere they lose on MA not really med supp

yes there are plenty like that but 4% is not reality

Def underutilized though

I do have enough that go to specific gym beforehand too

Look its a selling point if UHC does not offer they will lose buis regardless

they will lose those that use the gym and those who think they will go one day

Agreed. I have several clients that go 3x weekly religiously.

And some of the SS gyms are really nice - like $50+ monthly for memberships... making it a great value.

talked rates for non-silversneakers options

When UHC, BX and Humana did not offer the G plan I wrote quite a few G's with other carriers. The only way to get SS was to buy and F plan from the big 3.

$70 - $80 per month savings (or more) by enrolling in G will buy a lot of sneakers.

Now that all have G my default is Anthem/BX. Good rates for now at least. Much better than UHC or Humana. I added 40 new clients since August just because of SS.

Go figure.

Сurious, did the crisis have an impact on this as well?

I'm also healthy and I don't need insurance, I'm prejudiced against them. Recently, I prefer to work out at home, go out for a run. At least this way I`m free of anyone and don`t need damn insurance. I advise everybody to be critical about it, of course you can insure everything. And what`s the point in the end? Especially if it only concerns fitness, it's like paying for oxygen. You just need to exercise, monitor your diet, put into your diet healthy weight loss supplements, for example. And that`s all, you won't need any insurance.

Back