Unitrin

susieQ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
TX
Received an email yesterday from Unitrin Direct wanting me as a life and health agent to refer clients to them. They claim they can save them money on their auto insurance or will give the client $20. It is a $15 referral fee for the agent that refers someone to them that asks for a quote.

Anybody had any experience with them? Or have an opinion?

I wish.

$15.

Got my links too. Passing out cards. No way to track this so who knows if we will ever get a check.

Why not just write for them? Unitrin Specialty Insurance

You can get a lot more than $15. They write mostly nonstandard auto when you go direct though. Decent rates for nonstandard, in fact, very hard to beat.

Dan

So I guess we have to assume that they're going to track it and pay us corrrectly!!!

Let me think, we're supposed to expect an insurance company to do the right thing. :bump::goofy: I guess I'll see how it works, can't lose too much.

You can only lose if you invest (time or money).

Figure I will throw a few cards around, promote the link, and see what happens.

Lot's of ways for them to (legally) avoid paying you.

Sent out my regular newsletter last PM. Have had 10% open (usually get anywhere from 12 - 19%). Out of 41 opens no one has taken the $20 challenge.

I suspect this is like a lot of other stuff. Unless they just got a rate increase you are not going to get any nibbles. Probably a campaign you will have to run 6 months to get a feel for it.

Back