Universal American -> Penn Life -> Senior Solutions

blank

I'm entirely new to the industry. At the moment, I still live at home, attending school, and have been seeking a decent job to move out. I have strong sales skills and have been offered a job at a pharmaceuticals company before, but declined because I was still knee-deep in school.

After submitting a resume at CWDS, I got a call a few hours later from Senior Solutions to meet later that week. I met them today.

The guy interviewing me asked me a lot less about my credentials than any interviewer I've ever had, though he did ask about my sales experience and if I had a laptop/gps. He explained the products, what the company does, how much you need to rake in for bonuses etc. and how you bring in money for new recruits.

Points to make:
- online pre-exam training is discounted through penn life (through ABLE), it will cost $89
- compensation is solely commission, and I'm not sure how much or if I can live off of it
- I need to drive out there 3-4 more times, not being paid, to undergo training.
- After that I'll have some field days with a trainer in which we'll split commission for whatever we sell.
- the guy I'll be working under (interviewer) said it is possible I could be a training manager in the near future
- since I am a "contracted agent" I'm not reimbursed for gas but it is tax deductible

My instinct says to run away, especially after what I read after doing a forum search. Will this job be more profitable than burger flipping (especially considering wear and tear on my vehicle)?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
The comp is low, The production that you need to hit Bonus is double what they show you. The reason is they "weight" your production.

What that means is they count your A.P. for med-supps at 60% not 100% ($100 X12= $1,200 X60% =$720) and MAs are worth $750 towards bonus not $1,500.

Also the bonus production starts low then goes up every month so it gets very hard to hit.
After 2 months the bonus level is around $15,000 of A.P. but since its "Weighted" its closer to $30,000 that you have to produce.

Medsupps pay at 9%-12% of A.P wich is very low and MAPDs pay $169.

New Recuit bonus is $1,000 when a agent issues there first App. Thats the only way to make money there, Thats why he is talking to you and not writing business.

Last edited:
Thank you for your time. I won't be going back there. I'm glad I found this forum before investing more time into this pyramid scheme.

Thank you for your time. I won't be going back there. I'm glad I found this forum before investing more time into this pyramid scheme.

Insurance is a good career, and you can make alot of money. Just find the right place to get trained.

If someone is telling you that you can be a Manger after 2 months in this business that is a red flag. If it seems they are more focused on recruiting than training and selling Insurance that to is a red flag. A place like Senior Solutions isnt bad as long as you know what it is. Work there for 6 months get trained then go Indy.

You may also want to look at Mutual of Omaha career side,
I have heard good things about them. Good Luck!

Work there for 6 months get trained then go Indy.

You may also want to look at Mutual of Omaha career side,
I have heard good things about them. Good Luck!

They really are a mickey mouse company stuck stuck in the 80's.

I am all for agents starting out at mutual of omaha, I am also very fond of American General for new agents.
I think at those offices you can make decent money starting out if you atleast put in a half ass effort.

I wouldn't plan to make a career out of it, that is of course you are looking to make others rich off your back.

Back