I put out a compliance video today regarding unsolicited contacts / CMS / AHIP. There has been much recent talk about this and I wanted to provide more and better information. This video does just that.

Isn't it a requirement that the prospect brings the new product line up in the conversation?

i.e., You're sitting there talking med supp, they are $0 premium, and can't qualify for med supp (you see them in wheelchair, on oxygen). You can't just say (even though most will), well, let me see if I can get you in a better situation...

I don't know. Always seems like a stretch to say, "the client brought it up" when I know deep down, that I'm the sales guy trying to uncover the opportunity.

Seems like the compliant thing to do is say, "Ma'am, I'm here to talk about Med Supp, and I just don't think we'll be able to get you a Med Supp today because they ask health questions." Then leave.

But we all know, that is not what most agents will do.

And, let's be frank, I doubt you would do it either. You'd find a way to get them to bring it up... you'd keep the conversation going... waiting until they say "just enough" to justify claiming that they brought up a different "product line."

Isn't it a requirement that the prospect brings the new product line up in the conversation?

i.e., You're sitting there talking med supp, they are $0 premium, and can't qualify for med supp (you see them in wheelchair, on oxygen). You can't just say (even though most will), well, let me see if I can get you in a better situation...

I don't know. Always seems like a stretch to say, "the client brought it up" when I know deep down, that I'm the sales guy trying to uncover the opportunity.

Seems like the compliant thing to do is say, "Ma'am, I'm here to talk about Med Supp, and I just don't think we'll be able to get you a Med Supp today because they ask health questions." Then leave.

But we all know, that is not what most agents will do.

And, let's be frank, I doubt you would do it either. You'd find a way to get them to bring it up... you'd keep the conversation going... waiting until they say "just enough" to justify claiming that they brought up a different "product line."

The purpose of the video is for agents to have factual information. They seem to only get selective data from many sources. I believe the video is comprehensive and will serve them well.

Back