Up to 27% Major Medical Contracts-Texas Agents

I don't even feel like offering an answer to any of these.. This wasn't created as a Unicare vs. Assurant thread...

What about the 5 other company's that also have better rates....

NO-THIS THREAD IS NOT TO GET PEOPLE TO SIGN AN ASSURANT CONTRACT LIKE I SAID BEFORE SO I DON'T KNOW WHY WE ARE EVEN HAVING THIS DISCUSSION...

so you can get me 27% with humana,unicare,aetna,bcbs,and united.....sign me up....

Not sure I would spend the time, entering the applicants info to get comparsion quotes from E-health,

as opposed to doing it with 7 different programs..

I noticed several premium errors, due to Norvax is slow in updating rates for E-heatlh, Golden Rule's rates are normally wrong now, since the new plan and rate reductions in several areas. Good way to check and see the most competitve carriers, but not accurate most of the time, and not referring to preferred rates. Rates in general

really...have been doing it this way for years and have never been given a wrong rate.......

Last edited:
Forget it... this wasn't intended to be a pissing match.

I sell what is best for my clients based upon what they tell me their needs are. I hope you do the same.

What about a 62 year old trying to make it to Medicare and concerned about increases after the 12 month rate guarantee? I think a 36-month rate guarantee like Assurant and American Republic offer makes a lot more sense than placing them with any of the companies you mentioned in the last post Sti; even if the premium is higher (not to mention the underwriting).

It's about doing the best for the client, and if a BC/BS plan with a cap on RX and ambulance is what you believe is right for the indvidual; sell it. You are right, if the cost difference is substantial it doesn't make sense to sell Assuran't rate guarantee, as long as a client knows about their potential liabilities, then a BC/BS plan makes sense. I've sold BC/BS and Unicare.

I didn't start this thread to argue. I'm in this business to make money. All the contracts I offer are independent and any training I offer is based on a needs-based sales approach. Just because some of my companies pay higher commissions, doesn't mean I'm only going to place business with that carrier. I've been doing this 6 years and quite frankly, every company out there is greedy and has flaws.

We have to dig through the crap and find options for our clients..

Honestly, if you think I'm placing business with the wrong carriers, ultimately, it's good for you. We both sell in TX, so it's more potential customers for you to replace...

I mean it's not like I'm out selling limited-benefit plans or RightStart/SaveRight plans... those guys are unethical and should be questioned... not me!

as opposed to doing it with 7 different programs..

Really? Lead hits my box and I have all the same quotes from all my carriers in seconds?

really...have been doing it this way for years and have never been given a wrong rate.......[/quote]

then you have been getting inaccurate rates.

Just ran a rate on a 38 year old M in 61938 zip code.

E-Health $118. Plan 100/2500.00 Ded
GR Website Quote---$109.71 Plan 100/2500.00

Last edited:
I can't imagine how selling BC/BS of TX with a cap on Rx and ambulance and a $300K cap on transplant and possible only 2 times the rate of a semi-private room rate for ICU can be in the best interest of the client.

I think in the last 2 or 3 years I've only had one client that took a BC/BS plan when I showed them the difference. When you're doing apples to apples the premium isn't that much different. Also, depends on the age group you're in.

Unicare used to have all kinds of crap in their plans but I've been told they've clean that up and now have plans without the limitations on air ambulance, Rx and AWP for chemo, etc. Anyone had any recent experience with them? Can't get too excited about them.

This individual is constantly challenging people on everything, The Past is the future with him. Sad Part, this person is suppossed to be a moderator? But he starts more arguments than he stops.

Know what will happen next? Some yellow-bellied nincompoop will start making repeated and continued accusations about them, and will even claim to have proof that they will post...

Sad thing is, they never deliver.

What about a 62 year old trying to make it to Medicare and concerned about increases after the 12 month rate guarantee? I think a 36-month rate guarantee like Assurant and American Republic offer makes a lot more sense than placing them with any of the companies you mentioned in the last post Sti; even if the premium is higher (not to mention the underwriting).

so making them pay the increase from day one makes alot sense.....

It's about doing the best for the client, and if a BC/BS plan with a cap on RX and ambulance is what you believe is right for the indvidual; sell it. You are right, if the cost difference is substantial it doesn't make sense to sell Assuran't rate guarantee, as long as a client knows about their potential liabilities, then a BC/BS plan makes sense. I've sold BC/BS and Unicare.

First of all the ambulance is mute...there are no ambulance service in network........and as much as I dislike RX caps I have only had one client blow out a $1,500 cap on the old BCBS cap but still tell my clients I do not like the RX cap and if Humana One is $5 to $10 more will push for Humana One or Unicare.......

I didn't start this thread to argue. Just because some of my companies pay higher commissions, doesn't mean I'm only going to place business with that carrier. I've been doing this 6 years and quite frankly, every company out there is greedy and has flaws.

But you did start this thread with "Top contracts (As high as 27%)"...so what company are we talking about here....

Honestly, if you think I'm placing business with the wrong carriers, ultimately, it's good for you. We both sell in TX, so it's more potential customers for you to replace...

I never said that you were placing business with the wrong carriers....Just saying I have not found "time,assurant,john alden" competitive for years as well as when they split off from the european money and bought them selfs have a feeling that the are going to be bought any day now....

Just ran a rate on a 38 year old M in 61938 zip code.
E-Health $118. Plan 100/2500.00 Ded
GR Website Quote---$109.71 Plan 100/2500.00
Do you always challenge people? Your not the God of Health Insurance that you think you are.

that is in Illinois ......we are talking about Texas.....WTF are you talking about....and no I am not the God of health insurance but close.....
stialmighty.jpg

Dont let this individual drag you in one of his back and forth jpg post.This individual is constantly challenging people on everything, The Past is the future with him. Sad Part, this person is suppossed to be a moderator? But he starts more arguments than he stops.

Its called making people think....and no the past is not the future but rather the present is the present....and the sad part about me being a MOD is that I have not banned you for sending spamming emails and pm's to our forum members....

that is in Illinois ......we are talking about Texas.....WTF are you talking about....and no I am not the God of health insurance but close.....

So E-health is only wrong in Illinois? Its also wrong in MI and OH too, I dont know about Texas, my point was, E-health right now has incorrect rates for Golden Rule was my point.

I dont know about Texas, my point was, E-health right now has incorrect rates for Golden Rule was my point.

well when I am looking at a $97 difference Humana One and GR a $8 difference is mute.....and for the fact that H1,UC,and BCBS have $5 mill. life time max over GR at $3 mill I have to recommend the $5 mill plans.....

Back