UPS RETIREES GOING THROUGH AON

Garrett1996

Does anyone know if UPS retirees have to use AON in order to get their reimbursement? Or is it similar to one exchange where you only have to have ONE piece of coverage (medical or prescription). I’m looking to take someone’s supplement out to the open market, and leave their prescription drug plan with AON but only if they will continue to receive their reimbursement.

Each Aon contract is different.

Some have to buy at least one product through Aon.

Some have to buy everything through Aon.

Some are free to use anyone they want.

I’ve done enough research at this point to understand that aon contracts are all different, and that some can have one piece with them, none or both. I appreciate you confirming that, but my problem is that I can’t find anywhere that gives me specific details on UPS. I can find several on AT&T, Walgreens, and just about everyone else...but literally nothing on UPS.

Is the Aon-UPS deal for union or non-union employees?

If union, you need to search for union communications, contracts, etc.

Tom, the former employer benefits. They get to unload a ton of liability for retiree health insurance and now have a more predictable cost. That being, whatever the HRA contribution is + what they pay Aon to administer the plan.

Is the Aon-UPS deal for union or non-union employees?

If union, you need to search for union communications, contracts, etc.

Tom, the former employer benefits. They get to unload a ton of liability for retiree health insurance and now have a more predictable cost. That being, whatever the HRA contribution is + what they pay Aon to administer the plan.
Just seems like AON's getting paid twice. Once by the employer and again by what they make selling the retirees over priced products. The retirees end up taking it in the shorts on anything they HAVE to purchase through AON.

Does anyone know if UPS retirees have to use AON in order to get their reimbursement? Or is it similar to one exchange where you only have to have ONE piece of coverage (medical or prescription). I’m looking to take someone’s supplement out to the open market, and leave their prescription drug plan with AON but only if they will continue to receive their reimbursement.

there is a little information here starting on p5:

https://cache.hewitt.com/ybr/R516/01215_ybr_ybrfndt/downloads/RetirementPlanFAQ.pdf

Perhaps you could have the person you are trying to help create an account and get information for both of you to review.

there is a little information here starting on p5:

https://cache.hewitt.com/ybr/R516/01215_ybr_ybrfndt/downloads/RetirementPlanFAQ.pdf

Perhaps you could have the person you are trying to help create an account and get information for both of you to review.

Page 5 doesn’t answer if the HRA disbursement is contingent on the policy (or policies) being purchased through AON, which was the OP’s specific question.

But, page 5 gave us the nice tidbit that UPS uses AON for over 65 healthcare. Fascinatingly helpful. Not sure how the thread could have moved forward without it. :fibs:

And it gives information about how an employee can set up an account and get information about the plan, which they could share with their insurance agent.

And it informs us that the retiree should already have received information which they could share with their insurance agent, if they have not already discarded it.

And it gives a retiree relations email address which the retiree and/or the the insurance agent could use.

And it gives information about how an employee can set up an account and get information about the plan, which they could share with their insurance agent.

And it informs us that the retiree should already have received information which they could share with their insurance agent, if they have not already discarded it.

And it gives a retiree relations email address which the retiree and/or the the insurance agent could use.

None of which, shockingly, answers the question.

All of which is quite elementary and already known by the OP (most likely).

It's like answering any detailed or complex medicare question with the advice, "You know, you can create an account online. Oh, and you can even call 1-800-Medicare."

Back