UPS RETIREES GOING THROUGH AON

The question is not whether they have the ability to enroll in a plan outside of Aon.

The question is can they enroll outside of Aon and still qualify for the HRA contribution.

Legally, they should not be restricted to just Aon. But until someone challenges the "handcuffs" they will have to follow the rules.

Whatever they are . . .
AON's come a long way since W. Clement Stone started Combined. :yes:

It still looks to me like asking your potential client for help in accessing the information would be the most simple and direct approach to getting what you need.

There is a difference in asking a barely known prospect for "help" and confidently sharing information and solutions with a prospect.

Hence, why the OP is likely doing research outside of asking the prospect to do legwork for him.

It's called sales, LD.

They can choose to enroll outside of AON or not. They can enroll in Medical and/or a drug plan with or outside of AON. Different rules for different companies for the HRA.
So just to confirm, you know that the UPS contract with AON allows them to go with or without AON in their medical and prescription drug choice and they get the reimbursement regardless?

There is a difference in asking a barely known prospect for "help" and confidently sharing information and solutions with a prospect.

Hence, why the OP is likely doing research outside of asking the prospect to do legwork for him.

It's called sales, LD.

You're just full of it today.

An attorney is an expert on legal matters. But an attorney can not bring that legal knowledge to bear in advising a client about a contract until the client provides the attorney with a copy of the contract in question.

Nor can an insurance agent or financial planner advise a client about an HRA or RHRA until they can see the details of the HRA or RHRA in question. If the client is unwilling to help the agent or planner in obtaining the needed information, that would suggest to me that the client has not been sold very well on the value of the agent or planner's services.

An attorney is an expert on legal matters. But an attorney can not bring that legal knowledge to bear in advising a client about a contract until the client provides the attorney with a copy of the contract in question.

Nor can an insurance agent or financial planner advise a client about an HRA or RHRA until they can see the details of the HRA or RHRA in question. If the client is unwilling to help the agent or planner in obtaining the needed information, that would suggest to me that the client has not been sold very well on the value of the agent or planner's services.

Well, you are a better and more experienced agent than I am, so there's that.

My apologies.

So just to confirm, you know that the UPS contract with AON allows them to go with or without AON in their medical and prescription drug choice and they get the reimbursement regardless?

Yes, that is correct Garrett. They will be reimbursed regardless (long as the retiree submits claim forms). There is a reason one was missing from the forums for years. Could it be that a member of this forum actually work at Aon?

Unless the attorney can gain access to that information himself. This is what the OP is trying to do.

You see, when you involve the client you have to be careful to the extent in which you involve them or you just might end up losing the sale. This is what Scott was saying and this is the part that you did not understand.

Unless the attorney can gain access to that information himself. This is what the OP is trying to do.

You see, when you involve the client you have to be careful to the extent in which you involve them or you just might end up losing the sale. This is what Scott was saying and this is the part that you did not understand.

Todd, we must stop arguing and just submit to LD's leadership.

It's for our own good. He is the only one who knows the way - the chosen path.

I suppose you're right. I just thought that one day, maybe, just maybe...experience would rule over Google. How could I have been so wrong?!

I see you finally redid your avatar and got in all 6 trophies. :yes:

Back