UPS RETIREES GOING THROUGH AON

Unless the attorney can gain access to that information himself. This is what the OP is trying to do.

You see, when you involve the client you have to be careful to the extent in which you involve them or you just might end up losing the sale. This is what Scott was saying and this is the part that you did not understand.

I don't think that is in keeping with the mentoring I have received on insurance forums.

I don't think that is in keeping with the mentoring I have received on insurance forums.

The mentoring which you've received has been to find something else to do with your time. You haven't listened to that mentoring, so I'm not sure why you would listen to other mentoring.

"Mentoring"? Maybe it's just me, but when I hear about mentoring it makes me think of the one being mentored actually doing something with it. Can we still call it mentoring when you have absolutely no plans to do anything with the knowledge except pretend to come on here and be knowledgeable?

I also picture the one being "mentored" as the one that sits back and listens and doesn't question everything he's told.

Unless the attorney can gain access to that information himself. This is what the OP is trying to do.

You see, when you involve the client you have to be careful to the extent in which you involve them or you just might end up losing the sale. This is what Scott was saying and this is the part that you did not understand.

Approaching a potential client in fear is not a good way to sell stuff.

I think anyone who has actual sales experience and the capability to understand such psychological nuances could say that, but how did you come up with that? Google?

Reading the posts of experienced Medigap sales agents on Insurance Forums for 18 months.

If a professional agent needs information about a potential clients current insurance coverage in order to properly advise said potential client, but the agent is afraid to ask the potential client questions, one of two things is going on. (There may be more than two, but two is what I have learned so far.)

The potential client is someone who will never ever trust an insurance agent and the low hanging fruit theory says move on.

The agent has not established a solid level of trust by the client in the agent-client relationship.

Reading the posts of experienced Medigap sales agents on Insurance Forums for 18 months.

If a professional agent needs information about a potential clients current insurance coverage in order to properly advise said potential client, but the agent is afraid to ask the potential client questions, one of two things is going on. (There may be more than two, but two is what I have learned so far.)

The potential client is someone who will never ever trust an insurance agent and the low hanging fruit theory says move on.

The agent has not established a solid level of trust by the client in the agent-client relationship.

Reading the posts and understanding them are 2 different things. Just like this recent example of yours. No one.......NO ONE, said anything about the agent being afraid to ask any questions. Once again, you're starting to tap dance to justify yourself and it is not working for you. Not only does it not work for you....it makes you look even sillier than you already do.

You just can't get enough, can you?

Back