US Health Group Insurance - is It Any Good?

synkelly

Hey all, I am new to the forum and have questions and would appreciate any feedback.
I have been approached by an agent from US Health Group and he is trying to sell me the 0 deductible Secure Value Plus plan.. Any feedback on this? Should I purchase it? Anyone have any experience with this plan? The part of the plan that I don't like is the group will only pay $100 for ground ambulance and $1,000 for Air - so does that mean if the air ambulance is $12,000 I have to make up the difference and pay $11,000?? Sounds like this could be a deal breaker for me...If I had an medical emergency I would have to be air lifted as I live way out in the country... Please let me know.
Thanks......

Hey all, I am new to the forum and have questions and would appreciate any feedback.
I have been approached by an agent from US Health Group and he is trying to sell me the 0 deductible Secure Value Plus plan.. Any feedback on this? Should I purchase it? Anyone have any experience with this plan? The part of the plan that I don't like is the group will only pay $100 for ground ambulance and $1,000 for Air - so does that mean if the air ambulance is $12,000 I have to make up the difference and pay $11,000?? Sounds like this could be a deal breaker for me...If I had an medical emergency I would have to be air lifted as I live way out in the country... Please let me know.
Thanks......

Sounds like a non ACA compliant health insurance......you will still have to pay the penalty......US health group along with national health have been selling these limited benefit plans for years......

http://www.ushealthgroup.com/FixedIndemnity.aspx

* You will be responsible for charges that exceed your fixed benefit amount and the network discount.

Last edited:
Did he tell you about the penalty you will have to pay at the end of the year for
having a non compliant plan........ as well as all the cap's on your benefits.......,.

Agent says they are exempt from ACA???

yea....thats a good line......hahahahhaha.....also these plans limit all your benefits to a fixed amount from surgical....hosp stay...cemo ......ect........

No - he stated they are exempt? Hummm??

Ok so since it's a non compliant plan - there will be a penalty - period!!? So even if I go to a doctor/hospital, etc... that's in their network there is no guarantee the doctor/hospital will bill for the fixed rate - maybe more?

Ok so since it's a non compliant plan - there will be a penalty - period!!? So even if I go to a doctor/hospital, etc... that's in their network there is no guarantee the doctor/hospital will bill for the fixed rate - maybe more?

The penalty has to do with the IRS not the insurance company.....1% of your income in 2014.......and like I said they only pay x amount for all benefits..... could leave you high and dry on a major claim........

Fixed Indemnity Medical Insurance

The SecureValue Plus Difference

• No Annual Deductible.
    Enables You to receive benefits payments sooner than a traditional Major Medical plan.
  • First Dollar coverage for OutPatient Dr. visits.
    Special “rollover” feature; if You don’t use Your benefits, You don’t lose them.
  • Buy more coverage, if You need it, without additional underwriting.
    Ask Your agent about the Optional Step Up Rider.
  • Any Doctor, Any Hospital.
    But you can stretch Your dollars further by choosing an In-Network Provider.
  • Our Surgeon’s fee schedule provides larger fixed indemnity payments than many competitors that limit their surgeon’s fixed indemnity payments to the Medicare allowable charge for the same surgery.
  • Not subject to federal healthcare reform mandates.
  • Lock in Your rate for 12, 24 or, 36 months.
    Ask Your Agent how You can lock in Your rate for up to 36 months.
  • Flexible Plan Options
    As part of Your plan selection, You choose when Your Hospital Room and Board and Miscellaneous Expense benefits begin by selecting Your Elimination Period of ZERO, ONE or TWO days.
  • Increasing Lifetime Maximum.
    Get rewarded for Your Good Health with our Increasing Lifetime Maximum.
  • 24 hour coverage, on or off the job
    Coverage You can depend on when You need it the most.
  • Portable coverage
    You can take it with You even if You move or change jobs.
A Fixed Indemnity Medical Insurance plan allows You to receive specific first dollar payments for covered healthcare services, regardless of what Your medical provider charges. *
This differs from traditional Major Medical plans where You must first satisfy a deductible every year before You are eligible to receive benefit payments.
* You will be responsible for charges that exceed your fixed benefit amount and the network discount.

Sounds like you have all the answers to your own question. I guess just pay up is your answer. I think you will have plenty out of pocket under any plan you choose for that personal helicopter.

US Health agents are trained to lie, cheat and steal in order to make a sale. The sad part is most of them only know what they are told by their managers so don't even know they are lying.

'Exempt from ACA' is just another one of them.

Much of the agent management comes from a MegaLife background, just look up the Mega history on this forum and you will have all the information needed to run as fast as you can from that agent.

Back