US Health Group/US Health Advisors

Can't sell life and health in the same sale right? Simply expressing the option of being creative and open minded.

Look I understand your green and just trying to help.....stop listening to the crap USHEALTH is feeding you....you are just repeating what every green USHEALTH agent says when they post here....there is no room in this industry for limited plans....we buy health insurance to protect against being on the hook for a $500,000 hosp. stay..not to pull your head out of the trough before you can spend big money...and only a fool thinks that 75% of all hosp. stays are around $50,000... and if USHEALTH pays out per contract and your clients are on the hook for $400,000 and realize they can not sue USHEALTH then they could turn their eye on the agent that lied about the coverage they bought.....

I have known several agents who have left USHEALTH and said bad things with the plans and comp plans. I guess to make money you have to slam customers with all kinds of plans and they all leave so renewal money is very low.

I would suggest going captive with United Healthcare to start off and sell in the Medicare field not ACA arena. Once your set with them and off selling strong you can convert to independent and then sell everything. Just an idea. PM me if you want help getting ahold of them.

Good luck

Do right by he client, and the money and referrals will follow.

What if comp is $1000, but client calls crying of huge debt and lack of medical access. The $1000 will haunt you.

Being captive, u can never do good for your client with limited product line. Markets ebb and flow.

If you like short term major medical, there are plenty to sell as independent with a brand name. Non Obama plans. Not indemnity.

Build your own business, not someone else's.

Lastly, put your plan up against anything I sell, and only an *** would buy your product.

Run......away.....fast.

We're just saying there's a better way. Don't get sucked into something. Listen to the people here about long term building up a business.

I have actually been selling for them for almost 2 years now and I have made a decent living with them but I don't recommend them for several reasons.
When I joined them I was new to being self employed as an ins agent and had only been a w-2 agent for many years. Because I was new to being self employed I agreed to sign their captive contract thinking it was a good idea because I knew a couple people making money there.
I do sell other products but I have to sell them under my spouses license within my LLC for fear of losing my residual with US Health.
US Health does not allow you to sell any outside products at all and they do monitor your licenses.
Since you are only interested in the money, I will show you a screen shot of some of my recent paychecks but keep in mind I just got back from vacation so my last paycheck was the 14th of March and I take a lot of time off because to be frank, I make quite a bit of money doing other things in the insurance world...
Here are 2 recent weekly checks and a monthly residual check...the last screen shot is my monthly residual after only 1 year and 11 months with the company.
upload_2019-3-25_17-34-27.png
upload_2019-3-25_17-39-2.png
upload_2019-3-25_17-41-7.png
The residual income is good as you can see but my results are not typical at all as I am in their elite "million dollar club".
I have what's called golden handcuff's and I am lucky enough to be able to sell under my spouses license so I can offer my clients a wide variety of quality products instead of just this plan. Once you build a book of biz with a company like this, the problem with leaving is that you lose most of your monthly residual income.
In summary, the people who are talking to you on this forum are telling you the truth...you don't want to build up somebody else's brand...you should build your own.
Aside from the captive issues, the company doesn't actually offer major medical coverage to your clients which I didn't fully understand when I started selling with them.
What they do offer is a short term upgrade to major medical that is very expensive and can leave a customer stranded when they need coverage the most because it only lasts for between 3 and 6 months depending on the state.
This is why the underwriting for this plan is so stringent and done on the front end.
This is also why selling a lot of this product eventually gets you a lot of fires to put out since every time a person breaks their finger they have to upgrade their plan, etc.
They also have a very stingy 12 month pre-existing rule in most states so I get a lot of complaints from clients who went for a CAT scan or some such thing and their claim is denied because the CAT scan is supposedly related to a condition they had previously.
The last thing I want to make you aware of is that this company actually CHARGES YOU INTEREST ON YOUR ADVANCES OF .75%!!! Yes, they advance you money and charge you interest on that advance...something nobody tells you and I only discovered after being there for a year and a half!
That's my 2 cents for you. I hope it helps.

InsladyUSA:
What they do offer is a short term upgrade to major medical that is very expensive and can leave a customer stranded when they need coverage the most because it only lasts for between 3 and 6 months depending on the state.

They also have a very stingy 12 month pre-existing rule in most states so I get a lot of complaints from clients who went for a CAT scan or some such thing and their claim is denied because the CAT scan is supposedly related to a condition they had previously.

So why are you selling this plan? Who cares about your commissions. You are not doing the right thing. And, you are hurting your customers. If they didn't have your product, they would get a 'REAL' health insurance plan.

Shame on you.

This company was banned from selling in California a few years back. Don't know if the ban still holds today.

Listen Mahatma Ghandi, I’m not a bleeding heart liberal. I’m a capitalist. I fill a demand where one exists with a wide variety of products.
And who cares about my commissions? I do.
When this product is fully explained to consumers a considerable percentage choose this option over short term and ACA plans.
I simply present them with ALL their options and educate them as far as the pros and cons on a recorded phone call. Then, I enroll them into the plan they choose.
You should also be aware that there are around 2,000 writing agents across the country selling this plan so even if I did decide to opt out there’s plenty of agents to pick up my slack.
As far as this company being banned from California, you’re grossly misinformed. This company has never written any business in the state of California. Also, anybody who lives in California like I spent 6 years doing or does business in the state of California like I do is aware of the fact that they’ve made it a requirement that every man, woman, and child who lives and breathes in that state has to be on some form of Medi-Cal due to the fact that they provide free health insurance to more than 40% of the population plus a large percentage of undocumented residents and cannot afford to continue to do so unless everyone pays into the system. This means Obamacare is your only option in California.

Back