US Health Group: What's the run down?

If you are losing business to USH, the solution is not sell similar indemnity plans.

Educate your clients on why you recommend, and why you only sell major medical, ACA, or straight STM at the bottom of the barrel.

When I also get calls, it seems my clients call me before buying the to good to be true story, or calling me to cancel aca or stm with me, allowing me to save the policy.

My clients are educated on the differences between full price aca, aptc aca, stm, and limited bene, and helps avoid the problem calls.

Hell, I get 5 calls a day trying to sell me health insurance. Bet your clients get the same. Shoo them away.

My 2 cents. I have no idea about their products. A few of their agents buy leads from us, and they are professionals, and have been paying the lead invoices on time for years now.

My 2 cents. I have no idea about their products. A few of their agents buy leads from us, and they are professionals, and have been paying the lead invoices on time for years now.

So, no we know where the problem begins.....the lead provider. Who doesn't care who pays, just that they do pay. But then is also the person that takes money out of my pay when my clients get solicited by agents that cant sell any good plans.

having clients switch over to them

CLIENTS won't buy this kind of garbage . . . but folks looking for the cheapest plan will.

If you are EDUCATING your "clients" and earning their TRUST they will REMAIN your clients.

It comes down to dollars and cents- if a client cannot afford Obamacare they will seek something else - There are good defined benefit plans out there that are NOT US Health and not a "sharing plan" - get yourself appointed with other options

My client has a hernia and the agent told her that the plan will cover her surgery to correct it. Being that its a pre existing I told her dont believe anything unless its clearly written out on paper.... Oh well, what are you gonna do. Weel see if I cant save the sale.

What other products are yall writing that isnt ACA?

Also, what do yall think about these Christian health sharing programs?

It seems like no matter how thorough you are and try and push the most comprehensive plan you can, all people see is lower cost and the promise of "no deductable"...

Hate hate HATE lying agents - it makes it a so much harder for the rest of us - look NOBODY will cover or treat a currently existing medical condition for the first 12 months - STM will NEVER cover a treated existing condition - they just roll over - a condition a person takes Rx for regularly or has seen a Dr for in the last 12 months is considered a pre - ex in some Defined Benefit plans - - the "sharing plans" have a 24 month or 3 YEAR pre ex look back fr ANYTHING a person saw a Dr for in the last 2 - 3 YEARS (it could be a allergy) - and they have all kinds of exclusions - they are NOT DOI RECOGNIZED HEALTH INSURANCE and it says so all over their paperwork - they have a deductible (they can't call it a deductible since they are NOT insurance) and some are now being shut out several states because they crossed the "I am insurance" line - - they - not unlike USHealth - come in and give one quote then you have to add other layers of coverage IF you want to get what the "agent" had presented initially and suddenly the whole thing has changed - like it or not you may "push the most comprehensive plan" but if people can't afford it they will seek out - or answer to - something less expensive that will HELP them in a UNEXPECTED claim - I had one client whose wife had a gall bladder surgery - he asked the Dr up front "how much" - was told $15k - then told the Dr he was paying cash - suddenly it was $3500 - for the surgery - OP surgery center and all! We filed his claim and he got $4500 for the OP surgery facility - then more for the surgery - more for the anesthesia benefit - more for the second surgeon- because he had a rich Defined Benefit plan that paid him the "defined benefit" for each part of that claim - regardless of what he paid upfront cash - this was NOT a pre - ex condition but a unexpected event - very different -- cash if now king in medical procedures - that agent was lying - too bad - nobody will help that client now unless you have them on a ACA plan. Maybe they can negotiate a cash deal upfront with the Dr. No deductible is meaningless if the coverage is smoke and mirrors,

Because it means nothing. Most Drs don’t seem to accept it. They just went out and paid for their name it seems like

Is that a general observation about Cigna or specific to a specific product like Medicare or one of the junk U65 "health insurance" plans?

Note, I don't give a twit about Cigna, one way or the other. Just curious.

@aikenhealth please use paragraphs. I don't disagree with anything you posted above but a wall of words is tedious to read.

Back