US Health Group: What's the run down?

Is that a general observation about Cigna or specific to a specific product like Medicare or one of the junk U65 "health insurance" plans?

Note, I don't give a twit about Cigna, one way or the other. Just curious.

@aikenhealth please use paragraphs. I don't disagree with anything you posted above but a wall of words is tedious to read.

It’s in regards to US health group plans. Can’t tell you how many times people tell me they signed up with a Cigna PPO here in FL, where they aren’t available. I then let them know they got US health and have “access” to a Cigna PPO network. Whatever that means. I think they made up a special network just for the US health clients

It’s in regards to US health group plans. Can’t tell you how many times people tell me they signed up with a Cigna PPO here in FL, where they aren’t available. I then let them know they got US health and have “access” to a Cigna PPO network. Whatever that means. I think they made up a special network just for the US health clients
K. Thanks

You dont have to sell something or everything to your clients.

Draw the line personally and professionally.

Sell crap, and your one lawsuit away from regretting u sold "something" because the client was going to buy it somewhere else

Jus say no to..........

One of the first things I do when analyzing a new plan is to know the strength of the underwriting company. So when you look at the second slide on the presentation (http://www.ushealthgroup.com/Brochu...rs/MultiState/PPT-Sales-PC-PM-ANC-TX-0317.pdf) you see the company is rated "B" but when you go to the AM Best site they are B++. The reason I mention this is that many E&O carriers will not pay claims for companies sold that are not in the "A" category when first sold.

Next, buyer beware is always something everyone needs to keep in mind (if it sounds too good to be true...). As a reputable broker, and one involved in the sale of ACA and indivdiual plans, the best you can do is put together an alternative STM or other non-compliant plan and offer it to your clients. As you know, make them aware of the pitfalls before they sign, after they sign, and whenever you speak. I cannot handle those agents that sell non-ACA plans and say oh, it's a CIGNA network. The problem is not the network it's what is or is not covered.

So, no we know where the problem begins.....the lead provider. Who doesn't care who pays, just that they do pay. But then is also the person that takes money out of my pay when my clients get solicited by agents that cant sell any good plans.

We do make sure that our insurance lead buyers have license.

It's not an issue that you give leads to licensed agents, it's what the agents do with those leads, how they sell them, and also the quality of the leads provided. Leads are only as good as the producing company provides and the ability of the broker/agent to transform them into a client. Having a license is meaningless from a lead standpoint.

The reason I mention this is that many E&O carriers will not pay claims for companies sold that are not in the "A" category when first sold.

Kind of misleading statement.. They will pay claims on a non A rated company with the exception of claims arising out of the company being declared insolvent or going into receivership..

I can tell you all about this company and all about this plan because I used to sell it.
Before you start attacking me, this was my first experience selling health insurance and I was completely ignorant of how it worked when I joined this organization.
I had no idea how inadequate the product actually was when I was selling it because all the leaders and all the sales agents tell you how great it is and that we are HOPE=Helping Other People Everyday (the company's moto)...what a load of bull.
In my first 7 months with this organization I had sold over 1 million of issued AV on this limited benefit plan. I was paid 9 month advances every week and spoon fed leads so my checks were very large and I was star within the company...then started the customer complaints....I was blindsided.
Up until that point, I really believed I was selling a quality product.
Here is how this plan actually works:
Clients are enrolled into a limited benefit plan with 3 different levels that does in fact allow them to go to any doctors and hospitals accepting the Cigna PPO anywhere in the US including here in Florida where I am located. It sounds reputable but it's actually harder than you think to find urgent cares and hospitals who will take this Cigna PPO.
Also, the client can either be enrolled into plan level 1 or 2 and they pay an extra monthly premium to upgrade later on if and when they need it.
The problem is, their plan level 1 or 2 doesn't cover much at all and it comes with a 12 month waiting period for any pre-x conditions...somehow magically anything these people come down with in the first 12 months is a pre-x condition so the claims are all denied.
If a person on this plan has a terrible accident, a kidney stone, anything at all beyond a preventative care visit and a common accident/sickness they are going to need to upgrade to a short term major medical policy that will cover them for 6 months and requires a $3,000 deductible and have all sorts of unattractive restrictions that may stop them from getting the coverage they need.
The worst part is their inexpensive monthly premium just jumped by 70% easily....in some cases for older persons needing to upgrade the premium actually doubles.
One other thing I want to let you know is that United Healthcare just bought this insurance company which is actually called Freedom Life Insurance Co. of America and the captive IMO they own is called US Health Advisors about 2 weeks ago.
Why and what they are planning to do with it I have no idea.
Lastly, the culture within this organization is absolutely abhorrent.
Drug use is rampant, sleazy behavior of every imaginable variety, out right lying to customers on the phone.
It's not a surprise to me that they have an F rating with the BBB and I am shocked United thought it was a good idea to buy them.

Back