USAA med Sup rates much higher now?

Anyone besides me notice that the USAA med sup rates, which used to be very low cost, especially for age 70+, are now some of the highest around?....per CSG software anyway. Here in Georgia, it shows $205.87 for a 65Y female...same rate for 80Y female.

Haven't looked in a while, but used to lose out to USAA if applicable, but now their rates are off the charts by comparison.

Not sure when this occurred.

Actually my issue with USAA/CSG just became more interesting. At, for ex, zip 30024, 65F plan G, CSG gives $179.01 for a plan F and $205.77 for a plan G. Odd. Anyone else experience this....and CSG stands behind the USAA rates as being correct.

I guess I am just used to a G being cheaper than an F for the same carrier. :-)

Herman we have discussed USAA before and found it confusing. Offering the same rate at 75 as they do at 65.

What's up with that.

I finally "hid" them from my CSG engine because they made no sense.

Now that you are telling me plan G is HIGHER than F plan, I know they are nuts.

Carry on.

Actually my issue with USAA/CSG just became more interesting. At, for ex, zip 30024, 65F plan G, CSG gives $179.01 for a plan F and $205.77 for a plan G. Odd. Anyone else experience this....and CSG stands behind the USAA rates as being correct.

I guess I am just used to a G being cheaper than an F for the same carrier. :-)

Maybe they are figuring if they can get people in their F now, those people will be less likely to change F carriers later AND they may be planning on some level of F increase in 2020-2021.

(I spoke with a satisfied USAA plan F holder a year or two ago and I cannot imagine what it would take to get him to change.)

Maybe they are figuring if they can get people in their F now, those people will be less likely to change F carriers later AND they may be planning on some level of F increase in 2020-2021.

(I spoke with a satisfied USAA plan F holder a year or two ago and I cannot imagine what it would take to get him to change.)

If true I would say what you said plus they are probably hoping the fear factor (Many people think if they don't buy F before 2020 they will never be able to buy it) probably hoping people will never cancel out of a false fear they will never be able to buy F again

If true I would say what you said plus they are probably hoping the fear factor (Many people think if they don't buy F before 2020 they will never be able to buy it) probably hoping people will never cancel out of a false fear they will never be able to buy F again

I didn't think of that, but I really like that theory. Maybe we'll see a Plan F price war like the old gas price wars.

Back