USAA Medicare Products Exclusive?

salesgirl

Expert
Anybody know if USAA Medicare only has exclusive, career agents?

Or do they contract with independent agents?

I'm not aware of any of their products changing to allow outside agents to write them. (I called them directly for my three policies).

You are in the insurance business and make you living supporting agents who sell insurance but you bought your own personal policies from the United States Automobile Association which is known to be anti-independent agent and sells direct to consumers with their captive telesales agents?

You don't see anything wrong with that?

No law against it. But I get the same impression as when I drive past the Toyota factory and see workers driving up in Hondas, Volkswagons and Fords.

I had my policies while I was still serving in the Air Force at the age of 23, before I got into the insurance business. While I still qualified for a preferred rating. Now, I have to use a CPAP and a few other things that would rate me standard. So no point in changing.

I had my policies while I was still serving in the Air Force at the age of 23, before I got into the insurance business. While I still qualified for a preferred rating. Now, I have to use a CPAP and a few other things that would rate me standard. So no point in changing.

Makes sense I guess if you can't get a decent rate. But I would search long and hard before I gave my money to a company that takes money out of the independent agent's mouths.

You could say the same thing about banks. Almost all in our town sell life insurance. Still bank at Regions.

Makes sense I guess if you can't get a decent rate. But I would search long and hard before I gave my money to a company that takes money out of the independent agent's mouths.

There is more than enough money to go around.

There is more than enough money to go around.

Sure there is plenty of money. But I'm the kind of guy that if I build Hondas for a living and Honda is paying me a nice income, I'm driving a Honda. Everyone that knows me is going to see me driving a Honda.

If I'm an independent insurance agent I'm doing business with independent insurance agents. I don't sell P&C at all. But I buy my auto, homeowners and business insurance from a local independent agency.

A company that wants to cut true agents out of the picture all together would be the last place I would consider for anything. I mean look at what this thread is about. They sell a Med Sup. But they won't let any of your agents sell it. They would actually like to steal sales away from you and your agents. I would never buy a product from them in a million years.

I can understand if he bought into them when he was younger and has an uninsurable condition now. But I would look long and hard before I gave up.

Maybe it's a generation thing. I've become the old geezer guy. But I'm doing business with businesses that support us.

----------

You shouldn't put money in your mouth...

You obviously haven't tasted a mouthful hundreds with just a sprinkle of Worcestershire on it and a glass of Kentucky Bourbon?

Tasty!

Latest posts

Back