USHEALTH Group

rookiestatus

I'm a newly licensed agent and this company wants me to produce for them. Does anyone know any info about them? Their policies are underwritten by National Foundation of Life Insurance Company and Freedom Life Insurance Company. I was told that I would also be able to write for Assurant and that I would not be a captive agent. A couple of things concern me. First, it's $150 to get started which I am told is for the training. Also, a potential client cannot get the health insurance without being a member of an assocation called Consumers Independent Association. This sounds very similar to UGA/MEGA but I was told that USHealth's policies are way better and true major medical and I would be able to sleep at night when selling them. Anybody who knows anything about USHEALTH please let me know.

First, you should be able to find someone that you can write with that will not charge you for training. I was charged $240 for my NASE training right out of college, when I was young and stupid. I can't deny that there were people there making money, so in that sense it was not an outright scam. As for the coverage......well....... :(

Second, not all association groups have nothing but lousy coverage to offer. Take Farm & Ranch Healthcare for example. They kind of work like NASE charging and association membership and they do sell some suspect plans through outfits like United American, but also represent Assurant and "major medical" (according to their web site) through American National.

Third, you can certainly do better than paying someone $150 for this training. However, such an outfit might be as good as you're going to find if you need training, depending on where you're at. If you're looking to start independent, jumping right into the industry, you've got a tough road ahead. You're best bet is to find a health brokerage house that offers some training.

rookiestatus said:
Their policies are underwritten by National Foundation of Life Insurance Company and Freedom Life Insurance Company.

man....have not heard those co's in years.......are you in texas.....

I have spoken with a manager at Mutual of Omaha as well. Is that the safer bet? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

rookiestatus said:
I have spoken with a manager at Mutual of Omaha as well. Is that the safer bet? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I don't believe Mutual of Omaha has a true major medical plan. I could be wrong, but I didn't see one when I checked out their site sometime ago.

Thanks. I was told by the sales manager that there are several other companies I can get appointed with if need be. I would not be captive.

I met with a 'sales manager' in my area (SUB CHI) recently and I did not get a good feeling about this set-up.

My situation is a little differenct though in that I have a little experience selling grp health. The guy was a complete slimeball, dingy 80's sweater with leather patches and slicked back hair. But he said make sure that you dress professional for your interview, lol.

I figured that I could purchase leads, network, cold call / walk and sell reputable companies on my own.

I would encourage you to find a quality company that will PAY YOU to train and get a few years experience under your belt.

Back