Using a Marketing List Twice

AboutThatLife

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was looking on USA Data today and noticed there are two options that enable you to use the list twice, or as many times as you want.

My question is, how are they gonna stop you from buying a one use list, and using it over and over again?

That only seems practical if you are direct mailing the list. If you are cold calling, it doesn't make any sense at all.

What does "seeding" mean?

It means the list vendor puts bogus contact info on it so if you contact them they know you were using it.

It's mostly a scare tactic used for decades to encourage people to pay high prices for lists.

It means the list vendor puts bogus contact info on it so if you contact them they know you were using it.

It's mostly a scare tactic used for decades to encourage people to pay high prices for lists.

The seeding thing has always made me wonder. Shouldn't that be illegal? They are knowingly selling false data. That is fraud.

The seeding thing has always made me wonder. Shouldn't that be illegal? They are knowingly selling false data. That is fraud.

Meh, not really. They are telling you about it and they are telling you the accuracy isn't 100%.

I still think it's BS though.

Meh, not really. They are telling you about it and they are telling you the accuracy isn't 100%.

I still think it's BS though.

Do you think most of the every day list, not the super specialized lists one gets from a broker, are seeded? Like if you buy a list of homeowners over $75,000 in income in a certain county off Leads Please, is that seeded? They would have to have a trap in every county.

Back