Using Good Rx + Pdp or MAPD

bouckville

For the Medicare Part D or MAPD insured, are any downsides to using Goodrx
coupons ? My selling is in the Carolinas and am just hearing people using this with good cost savings.

Understand for Donut hole calculations, using Goodrx does not include "retail cost" numbers to Medicare rx annual calculations. True?

Anything else we shd know about them ?

Thanks in advance.;)

Rx fills with GoodRx are not run through your drug plan. Use one or the other, not both.

no downside at all. Call good rx and get yourself some cards and flyers to take with you to each appointment, look up drugs for them, they save money. easy peasy.

Good RX doesn't pay you to promote them.

I know a company that pays $2 or more PER rx script as a utilization commission. They even have a .50 cent over-ride on reps you refer.

Plus - just show a card or the card on your phone thru the app - don't have to print out coupons, specials

Sample pricing:

good Rx - Lorazepam 1mg @ 90 from Kroger zip 31419 = $11.91

ND Drug Card only $11.07 and you make $2 every time.

Call me @ (912) 225-1271 for more info.

Tom

For the Medicare Part D or MAPD insured, are any downsides to using Goodrx
coupons ? My selling is in the Carolinas and am just hearing people using this with good cost savings.

Understand for Donut hole calculations, using Goodrx does not include "retail cost" numbers to Medicare rx annual calculations. True?

Anything else we shd know about them ?

Thanks in advance.;)

----------

atorvastatin 20mg ( Lipitor ) both $10.63 at Kroger - BUT you would make $2 . . .

Good RX doesn't pay you to promote them.

I know a company that pays $2 or more PER rx script as a utilization commission. They even have a .50 cent over-ride on reps you refer.

Plus - just show a card or the card on your phone thru the app - don't have to print out coupons, specials

Sample pricing:

good Rx - Lorazepam 1mg @ 90 from Kroger zip 31419 = $11.91

ND Drug Card only $11.07 and you make $2 every time.

Call me @ (912) 225-1271 for more info.

Tom

----------

atorvastatin 20mg ( Lipitor ) both $10.63 at Kroger - BUT you would make $2 . . .

Are you talking about LoneStar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ2dJ94TteM

Why can't you use both?

When you use the Part D (or any insurance plan), the pharmacy charges you the contracted rate.

So if the contracted rate for Humulin is $158 under Part D, $158 is going towards the donut hole.

If the Good RX rate at Walmart is $20, you pay the $20. But it can't go through the Part D plan.

(BTW...for anyone who reads this later. Humulin and Novolin ARE $20 at any Walmart, with or without Good RX. These 2 meds should never be ran through a Part D)

When you use the Part D (or any insurance plan), the pharmacy charges you the contracted rate.

So if the contracted rate for Humulin is $158 under Part D, $158 is going towards the donut hole.

If the Good RX rate at Walmart is $20, you pay the $20. But it can't go through the Part D plan.

(BTW...for anyone who reads this later. Humulin and Novolin ARE $20 at any Walmart, with or without Good RX. These 2 meds should never be ran through a Part D)

The implication of that message being that:
In addition to looking at a discount card like goodrx, a prospect or prospect's agent should also be checking Walmart's cash drug prices against one's needed medication list?

Back