Using Scanner For FAX

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I did away with my land line and now have to scan documents to my computer and then FAX them using Nextiva. I like Nextiva and they do a good job. My problem is the length of time it takes to scan the documents and then the even longer period of time that it takes to convert those scans to PDF format. I am using an EPSON WP-4530. Is there any way to speed up this process?

Is there a FAX machine that would work with Verizon Home Connect?

I did away with my land line and now have to scan documents to my computer and then FAX them using Nextiva. I like Nextiva and they do a good job. My problem is the length of time it takes to scan the documents and then the even longer period of time that it takes to convert those scans to PDF format. I am using an EPSON WP-4530. Is there any way to speed up this process? Is there a FAX machine that would work with Verizon Home Connect?

Your scanner should scan them right into PDFs. New scanner, copier, faxes are cheap, cheap, cheap.

If yours is old take it to Staples. Get a new one. Get $50 credit for your old one. Scanning shouldn't take much longer than faxing from a fax machine. Set your scans to 300 dpi and black and white PDFs (documents, not pictures).

Never scan documents to JPEG, tiff, or any other kind of picture files. Those are very hard to work with.

And like always Rouse, call Newby if you need him. The Newbs knows just enough to be dangerous.

The problem here is that Louis is just too old for these new fangled technologies. Just give the paperwork to be faxed to the 7 yr old down the street and have him do it.

Works for me.

Rick

I did away with my land line and now have to scan documents to my computer and then FAX them using Nextiva. I like Nextiva and they do a good job. My problem is the length of time it takes to scan the documents and then the even longer period of time that it takes to convert those scans to PDF format. I am using an EPSON WP-4530. Is there any way to speed up this process?

I have that same printer. You can place the entire app in the loader on top and it will scan them all directly to one pdf. Should take only a couple of minutes....you may have to change the format to pdf on the Epson scan software (it should be a dropdown option) since you likely have it set to jpeg or something like that.

It's a good printer, it should do everything you need it to.

Your scanner should scan them right into PDFs. New scanner, copier, faxes are cheap, cheap, cheap.

If yours is old take it to Staples. Get a new one. Get $50 credit for your old one. Scanning shouldn't take much longer than faxing from a fax machine. Set your scans to 300 dpi and black and white PDFs (documents, not pictures).

Never scan documents to JPEG, tiff, or any other kind of picture files. Those are very hard to work with.

And like always Rouse, call Newby if you need him. The Newbs knows just enough to be dangerous.
Thanks.. I had it set on 600dpi. Changed to 300dpi and the pages zipped through the scan and then the conversion only took about 1 1/2 minutes for 4 pages.

----------

I have that same printer. You can place the entire app in the loader on top and it will scan them all directly to one pdf. Should take only a couple of minutes....you may have to change the format to pdf on the Epson scan software (it should be a dropdown option) since you likely have it set to jpeg or something like that.

It's a good printer, it should do everything you need it to.

I had it set on PDF.. It must have been the 600dpi that was really slowing down the converting of the files.

I really hate Newby helped solve the problem.. He might expect me to actually write an app through him in return.. :yes:

----------

The problem here is that Louis is just too old for these new fangled technologies. Just give the paperwork to be faxed to the 7 yr old down the street and have him do it.

Works for me.

Rick

I still can't keep the theft alarm on my mule from sounding false alerts. :no:

Another way to streamline things is to have a good PDF app. My favorite is PDF-XChange Editor. I have a custom scan set for a 20 second delay so it's all automatic. All I have to do is remember to change the app page and not fall asleep. :SLEEP:

Thanks.. I had it set on 600dpi. Changed to 300dpi and the pages zipped through the scan and then the conversion only took about 1 1/2 minutes for 4 pages.

----------

I had it set on PDF.. It must have been the 600dpi that was really slowing down the converting of the files.

I really hate Newby helped solve the problem.. He might expect me to actually write an app through him in return.. :yes:

----------

I still can't keep the theft alarm on my mule from sounding false alerts. :no:

Then stop feeding him beans.:embarrassed:

Hi...try camscanner. You can even save all your docs and then fax or email real quick. (I use ring central, and we just take the image and send it through their fax, or email it, or DL to our computers via usb). We use this when we are out of the office. And, many times, we just take pics of things we need and send them through later via fax. It is an application off Google play and free.

It is nothing more than an idea. Good luck.

Hi...try camscanner. You can even save all your docs and then fax or email real quick. (I use ring central, and we just take the image and send it through their fax, or email it, or DL to our computers via usb). We use this when we are out of the office. And, many times, we just take pics of things we need and send them through later via fax. It is an application off Google play and free.

It is nothing more than an idea. Good luck.

I use that, too. But I don't fax from it. If I'm in a hurry or if the client doesn't seem anal I'll scan their DL and fill in the info later. You can also scan bank info and use that instead of a voided check.

I'll upload the scan either to Box or Dropbox. CS charges for their upload accounts but with so many free ones why buy one...? I think I have the paid virgin...errr, version without the ads. I hate app ads (growl).

Back