Utica National

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I know some of you have them, how do you like them?

Looking to add another preferred carrier on the commercial side in PA area.

I have Utica through SIAA, I have quoted them and they are more competitive right now than NYCM and Safeco, they have roadside also.

I was really upset that my SIAA group would not let Utica give me my own code. Utica was interested but SIAA told them to appoint another agency in the county instead of me that was larger, been around forever.

I have only used them when I have to because its to much hassle to bind it through siaa and then split the commission. I have my home with NYCM and our cars with Safeco but the quotes I did with Utica for a home/auto package were about $500 a year cheaper for us. I did not switch though because I want authority over my own policy.

I do recall they want drivers that have 1 year or more years with the same insurance and licensed 3 years. The customers I do have with them have all had them 3 or four years. They settle claims fast, they have customer service that will actually help with billing issues and work with your client on payment arrangements. I have not seen rate hikes for my people. I just really wish I could get a code with Utica.

Either personal or commercial but yeah more focused on them for commercial. Appreciate the input!

I hear they can be picky which is the only thing that concerns me.

You heard right..they are picky and will inspect everything

they're a pretty good market on garage bop, churches in our markets

They are pretty good. The inspect everything hard. Even commercial auto. And will get off stuff for stupid reasons.
You will live or die based on the relationship with your u/w and loss control guy.
They like monoline comp and garages. Comm auto rates were good but are going up. They like basic bops just like everyone else.

Awesome thanks guys.

Any specific premium requirements? I filled out an online form, anything else I should do?

Back