Uw Help

Anyone know of a carrier who will look at a diabetic smoker?

Have one in UW right now.....MOO will go Class I on well controlled diabetic with no other complications.

Diabetes Type II, Present < 20 years, controlled and stable with diet and exercise or oral medications, no diabetic complications or comorbid conditions, no increase in dosages or additions of diabetic medications for at least 6 months, tobacco free 12 months . . . . . . S

Diabetes Type I or II, Present < 20 years, controlled and stable, no diabetic complications or comorbid conditions, no increase in dosages or additions of diabetic medications for at least 6 months
Tobacco use within 12 months . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Class I
Insulin <50 units/day . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Class I
Insulin >50 units/day . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D

Should have clarified, he was declined by MOO. I have access to a carrier called United Security which has a substandard policy that might take him.

Here are specifics:

61 Male

Missouri

6ft 2in 228

Occasional Smoker

Retired Dentist

rx:

High Cholesterol 10+ years, controlled well

Crestor 20mg

Depression, on all meds for 10+ years, controlled well

Pristiq 100mg

Lexapro 20mg

Mirtzazpine 30mg

Diabetes, diagnosed a little over 2 years ago.* A1C has been under 7.

Metformin 500mg

Essential Tremor, these meds taken 10+ years to steady hands as dentist

Propranolol

Primidone

We applied for Mutual of Omaha and they sent the following reason for decline:

We are unable to offer you coverage due to the combination of your medical history of thrombocytopenia and diabetes with continued tobacco use as documented in your medical records.

Should have clarified, he was declined by MOO. I have access to a carrier called United Security which has a substandard policy that might take him.

Here are specifics:

61 Male

Missouri

6ft 2in 228

Occasional Smoker

Retired Dentist

rx:

Crestor 20mg

Pristiq 100mg

Lexapro 20mg

Mirtzazpine 30mg

Metformin 500mg

Propranolol

Primidone

We are unable to offer you coverage due to the combination of your medical history of thrombocytopenia and diabetes with continued tobacco use as documented in your medical records.

United Security will take him however the COI is very high, and you should review USA's financial ratings to make sure you are personally comfortable.

Here are specifics:

61 Male

Missouri

6ft 2in 228

Occasional Smoker

Retired Dentist

rx:

Crestor 20mg

Pristiq 100mg

Lexapro 20mg

Mirtzazpine 30mg

Metformin 500mg

Propranolol

Primidone

yep...there is always more to the story than initially specified. You are looking at the old domino effect. Great candidate for Genworth's new LTC annuity...or something with no UW. (maybe)

Last edited:

Here are specifics:

61 Male

Missouri

6ft 2in 228

Occasional Smoker

Retired Dentist

rx:

Crestor 20mg

Pristiq 100mg

Lexapro 20mg

Mirtzazpine 30mg

Metformin 500mg

Propranolol

Primidone

OMG.

The pristiq by itself is enough to decline.

Back