Valet Parking Liability

jwc

Does anyone know if valet parking is responsible for any damages they caused to your car while parking it? I have never read the fine prints in the valet ticket, wonder if there are any disclaimers in it.

Read the ticket that they give you.

They always have some type of disclaimer on it.

Always inspect your car before you drive off after they bring it to you.

Hehe this article just makes me think of Feris Bueller's Day Off when those valets take Cameron's days car out for a joyride.

Yea most places that offer valet services have some kinda disclaim for damage to your car so it is tough to make a claim off of damages to your car from these services, and even harder to try to seek some kinda compensation.

The fact they have a disclaimer on the ticket doesn't remove their liability. They are still responsible for damage to your car, if they cause it.

A friend of mine in college owned a valet company. Since hearing things from him, I NEVER valet. His employees damaged cars all the time and they were usually high end cars. They valeted at a very high end restaurant in Orlando (Del-Frisco's for those in the area that might know). Rolls-Royce's Lamborghini's and the like on a daily basis. He told me one time he smashed up a Porsche, didn't want to file the claim on his insurance (not sure he had any) so he just never answered the phone with hopes they would drop the situation. The restaurant got involved at that point though and I think they paid for the repairs to keep the customer happy and terminated their relationship with his company.

The fact they have a disclaimer on the ticket doesn't remove their liability. They are still responsible for damage to your car, if they cause it.

This is why they carry GKLL or at least why they should carry GKLL>

Valet is not responsible as they do have a “non-responsible” clause. Your insurance would cover something like this.

Valet is not responsible for acts of god. They are responsible for acts of stupid employees. They park my car and take the side mirror off, it is their responsibility to fix it.

Yes, I can file a claim against my own insurance, they will subrogate the claim back to the garage. Garage might as well as fix it up front.

This is why they have to carry garage keepers liability. Most claims are minor scrapes and dents from parking accidents, but they pay them.

Dan

Latest posts

Back