Value of an FMO

I'm also on the hunt for an MGA. Right now I am doing alot of research, what carriers do they offer, what states are they in, what are the commission structures, is training provided? It's amazing the differences between MGA's. Oddly the strangest part of this search is having the marketing reps in your office giving you thier sales pitch. Selling to a sales person what a strange situation.

can anyone recommend a FMO in SC, or is it best to go direct to Humana or UHC

have you found any credible MGA's do you know any in SC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
do you have a contact number?,website address or town so I can look him up. What is the name of his ccompany

Last edited by a moderator:
GREEN SKY SAID- "I have had more grief than benefit by having an FMO. It seems that this system primarily is designed to keep an agent from earning as much money as they can."
===============================================

I tell everyone that being in the insurance business is like being in the mafia! The FMOs and the MGAs are nothing but the insurance business versions of Tony Soprano. MGA's and FMO's are nothing more then blood suckers and leeches who are out to get as much from us as they can for nothing. And what purpose do these FMO's and MGA's serve is an age old question indeed. The best thing I have ever been able to come up with is they provide an legal insolative barrier for the insurance companies between the agents. The insurance companies figure they can greatly lessen the risks for legal trouble by dealing with a few MGA's and FMO"s then by dealing correctly with just the agents. This way if an agent gets into some type of trouble they can legally pawn the blame off on the MGA's and FMO's. Ask me sometime about the owner of a large FMO I have made many tens of thousands of dollars for who ended up getting a 1 year prison sentence for getting caught with cocaine numerous times. And do you think I could get myself released from that blood sucking Tony Soprano Jr? Hell no the s.o.b. sat in prison making money off of me! Its like being in the mafia where you have some piece of crap making money off of you just because hes above you in the chain of command. They make all this money off of you and do absolutely nothing to earn it and they are not in the slightest bit grateful and if you try to get out they will cut your throat. Were in the mafia here did I say that yet?

thanks,they look very reputable and stable
TristenTLC, have you worked with Cutler in the past,do you know their commission cut and do they supply you with leads?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only do they supply you with leads but they even give you a turkey for thanksgiving and a ham for christmas. Ha ha ha ha ha ha Im scared of any bogus so called leads any FMO or MGA is supposedly giving away did I say that yet?.

Last edited:
thanks,they look very reputable and stable
TristenTLC, have you worked with Cutler in the past,do you know their commission cut and do they supply you with leads?

I suggest you contact them directly and they will tell you what they can and cannot do for you. As for other people's opinion of FMO and MGA, I believe you are adult enough to make your own conclusions - whatever they may be.

I will attest to Shep Cutler's integrity and business practice. You must figure out what he offers by contacting him.

Back