Vector One Report From AIL

Yes they are, since they work with unions they felt it was a good idea to have everyone be in a union so they created the OPEIU, Office & Professional Employees International Union.

I hate to be a naysayer here, but.........you are going to have to pay the commissions back. You don't have the time or resources to challenge the mighty Torchmark corporation. They will have super deep pockets, attorneys on demand and will quickly bombard you with all sorts of nonsense.

Is it right? Probably not, but I've never heard of an agent winning against an insurance company with debit balances etc. can it happen sure, but again it's not probable that you will, the odds are so heavily stacked against you.

Those bean counters at the insurance companies just won't budge when it comes to money. :no:

If I was the me of my 20s I would fight this out as it is the stubborn German in my blood. Now, I look at it as picking my battles wisely. Let me ask you these questions then:

Is it worth disputing with Vector One?

Have companies been known to negotiate debt balances like credit card balances? Like paying $500 for them to clear a $5,000 debit balance?

Will a company like AIL make a payment plan and during the payment plan will they keep my name off Vector One?

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANT, will they actively pursue me for damages if I was to have "my clients" move their business with me? I hate doing double work for the pay but if I am going to pay them the debit balance I am going to get my clients business. But per the contract, I cannot solicit policy holders to cancel they policies with them. Just want to make sure that won't bite me in the but down the road.

The way they sounded in the email is they don't try to actively collect the money, it doesn't affect credit or anything except Vector One. Basically telling me don't worry about it unless you want to continue a career in insurance. Kind of crazy.

1) Vector won't do anything to help you. You can dispute it with vector, they will tell AIL and they in turn should provide the evidence.

2) No, never heard of a company taking less than what the debt is.

3) All companies will make a payment arrangement with you. No, they will not remove your name until it is cleared in full.

4) They will send you a nasty letter basically telling you to stop doing what you are doing or else......that's usually enough to stop the agent in his tracks.

I have a good friend of mine that was with AIL and the EXACT same sequence of events happened with him. His was only $900, so he paid it and moved on......

Keep in mind the SGA or MGA (if its a satellite office), can basically run the office anyway they wish.

I found this to be true. I had an interview with AIL and if I was younger I would have jumped at the job. Because I would have been too naive to see the big picture.

Interviewer was young kid dressed like he was going to a fashion shoot afterwards.( not traditional suit and tie) All that was talked about in this interview was his nice cars and vacations he goes on. Which I'm sure works on the younger recruits.

Just felt cheesy and sleazy to me! :skeptical:

suejay45 said:
Is this why we have a Federal Office of Insurance? Someone has to be here for the Producers. We are the soldiers (ants) in this army.
suejay45

What makes you think they are here for producers?

I was working for AIL for a few months, and I had nothing but a bad experience with them. First of all, I know what you mean about charge backs. Where is what I did. I have a daughter that has an autism spectrum disorder, due to this, AIL let me go. Then I get a letter in the mail saying that I owe them $700. So I called home office and I told them that they had violated the Families with Disabilities Act by letting me go, and that the union dues that they were charging were a bunch of B.S. because the union that I was paying on was not a regular union and that they did not support me, so why should I pay for union dues that are used strictly for their marketing purposes? They dropped all of the charges and erased my account is what I was told. They are so full of crap. I asked them to drop my contract to part time just for about 4 - 6 weeks because my daughter has autism and she is too difficult for one parent to handle but I was getting respite services for my husband and that I just needed to be dropped down to part time for a few weeks. My manager told me that it would be better if they let me go and re-hired me in about three months, which didn't make any sense to me. So that is what they did to me. But I advice to you is, DON'T PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back