Vector One Report From AIL

Sounds like standard operating procedure with AIL. They have more tan gotten their money back from you. I know when I left they threatened the Vector crap and it never materialized. I was doing very well with them when I left. The local office I was out of treated the agents like grade schoolers. That and the hostile wok environment they created for me because I would not join the union was the reason I left

Joining the "union" was a requirement, when I got in, even though it is illegal in an open shop state to require union membership. But they can say 100% Union from the front desk to the head office...

Vesting, as far as I know, only has to do with renewal commissions.

Charge-backs should only be for commissions paid on policies that lapse, etc- not for policies that remain in force after you leave that you have been paid commission on.

Obviously, it appears that some people are finding out differently.

Last edited:
Hello, the exact same situation you described happened to me and I wanted to share my experience.

I quit AIL after working several months at an agency in Colorado. Shortly after my termination (I was fired because I told them I took a second job), I received a letter stating I owed around $500. I never paid because I didn't have the money and the whole thing seemed sketchy anyway.

That was two years ago. As of today, I have yet to see any mention of it in my credit report or receive any follow-up from either Vector One or AIL.

I looked into the statute of limitations regarding unpaid debts and this is what I found (courtesy AboutMoney):
- Statute of limitations is the period of time a collector can use the court to force you to pay for a debt. The time period starts on the account’s last date of activity and varies by state (most states 3-6 years). Federal student loans, child support and income taxes are not subject to statute of limitations
- Anytime you take an action with an account, the statute of limitations is restarted. Making a payment, making a promise of payment, entering a payment agreement, or making a charge using the account can restart the statute of limitations.
- The maximum amount of time credit bureaus can include delinquent debts on your credit report is about 7 years.

So my advice to anyone who gets one of these letters is to do nothing and see if they follow up.

Best of luck!

-KE

This is an older thread, but I'll humor you.

I take it you're out of the business? A Vector One would make it very difficult to be appointed to sell for another company. I don't know if there's a time frame where it would expire.

VectorOne is more like ChexSystems for opening banking accounts. They have their own rules. And most banks will tell you that if you have a ChexSystems record, they won't allow you to open an account for 10 years from the date of the incident.

Hello I had the same experience just received my vector one report from a company I was trying to get appointed with, so I gathered my last report, and pay stubs, on the report there are three checks I have not received, and they did not release my chargeback or what they called a back office account. so my question here is if I have a membership with the union can I contact them to find out what the options are, now I was released on provisional release I wrote one policy with my trainer which was the owner brother, got nothing trained myself. anyway, long story short four of the policy was no more than 581 each, my total pay was 808 dollars that were with bonus and training so how do they calculate that I owe them? they are made because I left, I asked my trainer three times to meet with him he ignored it and said he was busy training new employees he did not have time, now they want to start with this mess, I have not made any beef with them I left quietly made no drama or nothing of the sort, I did call corporate to have my pay mailed, but the rude lady said I had to go back to the office I did not want to work for, and they are claiming they terminated me, not true I quit.so any suggest on how to deal with burnt bosses that lost the best employee they had?

Back