"Vendor Fair" that Isn't

I was contacted by a local YMCA about a "community event" last week. It would only cost me a 5 hours of time on a Saturday and $30 for a table.

OK...I think that's worth it.

Only today I find out that the "community event" is more about volunteer organizations and opportunities.

Obviously I am not one.

Well it might be worth going I'm unsure if I should go. I deal mostly with final expense and am not a 'volunteer" organization.

Thoughts?

I was contacted by a local YMCA about a "community event" last week. It would only cost me a 5 hours of time on a Saturday and $30 for a table.

OK...I think that's worth it.

Only today I find out that the "community event" is more about volunteer organizations and opportunities.

Obviously I am not one.

Well it might be worth going I'm unsure if I should go. I deal mostly with final expense and am not a 'volunteer" organization.

Thoughts?

While it's possible to make some connections, the most likely outcome is that people will walk by your table to see what kind of give aways (pens, keychains, etc) you have or just walk on by once they see you are an insurance guy.

On the upside, if you do a nice giveaway, you can build a list of prospects if you have them exchange their contact information to enter.

Just don't expect much out of it if you decide to participate aside from goodwill in supporting your community.

Agree, went to a few community events back during my captive days. Even went to Raider games, and the leads sucked.

Since the focus is around volunteering and possibly philanthropy, maybe have some brochures focused around charitable giving using life insurance?

Back