Venting... Texas Risk Pool

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
"Hi, can I have the member ID number?"

No, I'm calling to check the status of a pending application.

"What's the applicant's social?"

I don't store that information... can you look it up with the name? I've called about 20 times for this same application and it's never been a problem.

"Ok, fine. How do you spell the name?... "

The name is spelled....

"Are you the agent that signed the app?"

Yes

"Then you referenced the social on that form"

I'm sure I did. But I have no reason to store that information...

"We look everything up by social here..."

Ok. As I mentioned, it's never been a problem before (you wasting more time complaining about it than it took to type in the name)

"The application is in final review"

Great! Are we pending anything?

"All I can tell you is the application is in final review... do you need anything else?"

Well, this was a complicated case, and I was working with (name removed) on this to provide the right documentation for eligibility. He/she said he/she would call me back on a couple of occasions and I never heard from him/her. May I speak to him/her..? this has really been dragging out and I'd like to give my client a status update.

"If he/she needed to talk to you, then he/she would have called back"

Ok. Well, we were pending some information to determine what the potential pre-x waiting period would be, and he/she said he/she would call me back and let me know if any additional documentation was needed. I have not heard back, and I don't want a longer waiting period than necessary for my client.

"Sir, I show no records of your calls to him/her"

I have called on this 3-5 times per week (complicated situation).

"What's his/her last name?"

I don't know. Sorry... I'm on the mobile and don't have my notes with me.

"Sir, we only show you calling in on (this date) and (that date)."

Well, that's fine. When should I check back on this?

"I don't know sir. Final review can take up to 8 business days."

Ok. Thanks... Have a good one.

I am not sure why anyone would get involved unless this is family or friends. You are really going the extra mile for what is it now $50 or $100 - if you are lucky and ever see it.

TIP - Scan and file anything you sign.

The Texas Risk Pool is one of the best managed pools in the country and should be a model for a national risk pool or uniform state pool model.

However...

1. It should be renamed to something warm and fuzzy
2. Where are the HSA'S?
3. Pay me 5% with an online application
4. If COBRA is higher - you should have the option to the pool
5. Possibly do like CA - after X (maybe 5 years) you have a 6 month window to buy ANY plan, ANY company - ohhh that would go over great with the carriers...

Or we can just have GI with Obama instead.

5. Possibly do like CA - after X (maybe 5 years) you have a 6 month window to buy ANY plan, ANY company.

CA got rid of that program. Now you can ride out MRMIP forever which is creating a backlog and 6-8 month waiting list.

Also, the "graduate" plans were not "any" plan, they were (and still are) specificly designed to mirror the MRMIP. There is no GI outside of this.

I am not sure why anyone would get involved unless this is family or friends. You are really going the extra mile for what is it now $50 or $100 - if you are lucky and ever see it.

TIP - Scan and file anything you sign.

The Texas Risk Pool is one of the best managed pools in the country and should be a model for a national risk pool or uniform state pool model.

However...

1. It should be renamed to something warm and fuzzy
2. Where are the HSA'S?
3. Pay me 5% with an online application
4. If COBRA is higher - you should have the option to the pool
5. Possibly do like CA - after X (maybe 5 years) you have a 6 month window to buy ANY plan, ANY company - ohhh that would go over great with the carriers...

Or we can just have GI with Obama instead.

This is a friend... I have a copy of the form, but I faxed it to them with everything but their social. Since they were mailing in the app, I had no need for the social...

Josh I'll sell you my high risk leads...

I'll cut you a good deal.

LOL

I took one look at that THRIP application and never went back - very lengthy and lots of trick questions to disqualify you.

Man the suspense is killing me...

Peeler I find it hard to believe an insurance company is doing something stupid - what are the odds?

LOL

Remember Peeler don't hold back now... LOL

Now I have something to look forward to tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back