Vertafore for a Management System

1idjak

Are there any Vertafore people in here? Im looking into qq catalyst and a comparative rater. Are these good systems, and are they expensive?

1idjak,

What state are you located?

Vertafore products are usually more expensive. There are other options that might be more cost effective that do the same things.

Are there any Vertafore people in here? Im looking into qq catalyst and a comparative rater. Are these good systems, and are they expensive?

Vertafore is full of crap. From commissioned based sales reps that charge "broker fees" to set up services to completely negotiable prices and out dated technology I'd give them a hard pass.

They've been around for so long they forgot how to treat their customers with respect.

I have QQ Catalyst. It's ok. But I don't have any thing to compare it to since this is all I have ever used. It's somewhat slow, but I hear other systems are as well. The customer service, I've found, is great. Whenever I've called with a question, they've been able to help. Catalyst works well with QQwebRater. WebRater is for auto only. The two systems bridge to one another.

We use Vertafore here and I'm not a fan. At all.

My point exactly. Their strategy is pretty much buy up all the small providers and consolidate into one pile of crap.

BTW I only pay $147 for my rater. Its down from $250 when I first started. Even their monthly fees are negotiable.

I have been using the Vertafore PL Rater for 4 years through SIAA, no choice in it, its really expensive even with the so called group discount.

The sales reps try to get you to add on DMV reports and replacement cost estimators instead of using the carriers reports.

They painted this picture of gloom if I did not buy a management system. I use an excel spreadsheet and a good old fashion Steelcase file cabinet system, one time cost and done with it. So I decline the sales calls.

I have a very expensive Panasonic Toughbook spent hours on the phone with tech support multiple times and can't even get it installed on it. Now two of my carriers are not returning rates spent over an hour with tech support, they told me to then call SIAA, then they said call the carriers, then they told me they do not know and could do nothing further. Then last month company questions would not load, another 5 calls to tech, four work stations and none work but they thought I had bad internet or all four computers went down at one time?

When it does work I really like it though, and it will be fine for like a year or so then it acts up.

I'm using QQ Catalyst and so far I'm very pleased. The only aspect I don't like is the integration with Quickbooks online is clumsy. But I hear they are working on developing their own general ledger.

Back