Vertafore PL Rating vs. Applied Rater

InsuranceNerd

Expert
Any suggestions on PL Raters? We're looking into Vertafore PL Rater & Applied Rater. Our AMS is TAM Applied. Any experience with them that you would like to share?

Thanks!

I prefer Applied rater over PL Rater, but it should come down to personal preference and carrier coverage in the states that you need.

We're not interested in TurboRater

If you read these forums I'm very agnostic in my recommendations and responses. I was going to reply to your question with my knowledge of them being regular competitors....objectively.

As it seems that you are in Georgia, TurboRater is not currently strong there, I would've made other recommendations. I was just looking to verify to provide you the best information.

Have a great weekend and good luck in your search.

Last edited:
If you read these forums I'm very agnostic in my recommendations and responses. I was going to reply to your question with my knowledge of them being regular competitors....objectively.

As it seems that you are in Georgia, TurboRater is not currently strong there, I would've made other recommendations. I was just looking to verify to provide you the best information.

Have a great weekend and good luck in your search.
How did you know I'm in GA? And I do read these forums. You're trying to sell your product and I understand that. That's your job. But, the purpose of this thread is to get other people's experiences for the aforementioned raters.

How did you know I'm in GA?

I read the forums. =)

Applied Rater is lacking carriers and is not the traditional rater experience. They use a technology called "Live Fill" which is effectively Chome's auto fill. It requires more than normal data entry and user interaction. Quotes are slower. Stronger in Florida than other states.

PL Rater is a more traditional comparative rater like AccuAuto, with less non-standard carriers. It's also less embedded with TAM/Epic but probably the best choice if you want the traditional comparative rating environment. Cost is also a factor when talking about Vertafore.

Yes, it is my job to talk about ITC. If our systems are a good fit, then great! Otherwise, it stops there. I'm our thought leader. It's my job to understand my competition better than their own customers. With that said, being agnostic and perpetuaring the IA channel is my real goal.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday.

I read the forums. =)

Applied Rater is lacking carriers and is not the traditional rater experience. They use a technology called "Live Fill" which is effectively Chome's auto fill. It requires more than normal data entry and user interaction. Quotes are slower. Stronger in Florida than other states.

PL Rater is a more traditional comparative rater like AccuAuto, with less non-standard carriers. It's also less embedded with TAM/Epic but probably the best choice if you want the traditional comparative rating environment. Cost is also a factor when talking about Vertafore.

Yes, it is my job to talk about ITC. If our systems are a good fit, then great! Otherwise, it stops there. I'm our thought leader. It's my job to understand my competition better than their own customers. With that said, being agnostic and perpetuaring the IA channel is my real goal.

Admirable post considering the response you received to your others. :noteworthy:..

Admirable post considering the response you received to your others. :noteworthy:..

Thought so as well. He really was trying to give good advice and was getting the stiff arm.

I hope InsuranceNerd remembers his behavior when he gets the same experience from prospects.

Thought so as well. He really was trying to give good advice and was getting the stiff arm.

I hope InsuranceNerd remembers his behavior when he gets the same experience from prospects.
I read the forums. =)

Yes I was very rude and there's no excuse for treating folks that way, especially when they're trying to help. I've seen vendors on the forum giving biased reviews about products to make a sell and I jumped to conclusions. I apologize to ITC for being rude. I appreciate the insight! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Latest posts

Back