Very Common Bankers (colonial Penn) Lie

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I'm sure I'm not in the minority here of hearing this. But today I got a call from a client who currently has Medicaid and starts Medicare this Jan. and of course Bankers life and casualty has recently been out to her house.
She asked me how much my plan was compared to CP's $154 plan. I asked her if it was Plan N and she confirmed. She then said that they told her that they should choose their Plan N because they do not have increases like AARP. Btw AARP is $134 and has had the lowest increases.

It drives me crazy that an agent can just lie that easily with a straight face. It's literally EVERY Bankers agent that lies. They are scum of the insurance industry and I hope some read this thread.

Your plan is easily 20% higher than most plans here in FL. They haven't had an increase in a few years because they are so damn high and that still doesn't mean you should lie and state that you do NOT have increases. You do. Stop lying.

Long story short. This lady has no money, has medicaid and isn't going with that agent. But I just despise Bankers life and casualty agents and the plethora of their lies.

I try to embarrass the other agent. Call bankers 800 number. Look them up at the DOI. See how long they have had their license. it will likely be about 6 months. Throw bankers under the bus. I am professional with my thoughts on all other companies but bankers but I take the gloves off with them.

I rarely get shot out of the saddle once the app is taken. But when it does I simply move on. You may never know why your client bought from someone else but does it matter? They made a choice that didn't include you. Other than your ego, what was hurt?

Prospects are a different thing entirely.

A lady called me last year looking for Medigap. She was on SSDI and was about to go on Medicare. I don't have any carriers that are affordable for U65 so I told her about Reserve National. We had several conversations and emails over the next few weeks. I even helped her find a PDP since the RN agent couldn't help her.

During all this I told her I would not be compensated but hoped she would come back to me this year when she turned 65.

She promised she would.

I followed up with her this year 4 months before she turned 65. She told me an agent from AARP came by (they live in rural south Georgia) and signed both her and her diabetic husband up for coverage. He was over 65 and outside of his IEP.

She said they bought plan F for a lot less than the G plans we had discussed last year.

I checked the rate on CSG.

Nope. They bought N.

But the agent said we would never have any out of pocket.

I said goodbye, hung up the phone, said a few curse words, and moved on. You can't fight stupid.

They regurgitate what they hear in training without verifying the info. Are they liars or just ignorant? It starts from the top.

They regurgitate what they hear in training without verifying the info. Are they liars or just ignorant? It starts from the top.

lol I can vouch for that. Very early on, when I was at Bankers, I was told that all doctors had to accept Original Medicare as a form of payment. I didn't know any better, never bothered to verify it because I didn't think they had any reason to lie.
A few months later, when my dad was about 6 months out from turning 65, I was showing everything Bankers taught me, and his reaction was "W...T...F... are they teaching you?"

I rarely get shot out of the saddle once the app is taken. But when it does I simply move on. You may never know why your client bought from someone else but does it matter? They made a choice that didn't include you. Other than your ego, what was hurt?

Prospects are a different thing entirely.

A lady called me last year looking for Medigap. She was on SSDI and was about to go on Medicare. I don't have any carriers that are affordable for U65 so I told her about Reserve National. We had several conversations and emails over the next few weeks. I even helped her find a PDP since the RN agent couldn't help her.

During all this I told her I would not be compensated but hoped she would come back to me this year when she turned 65.

She promised she would.

I followed up with her this year 4 months before she turned 65. She told me an agent from AARP came by (they live in rural south Georgia) and signed both her and her diabetic husband up for coverage. He was over 65 and outside of his IEP.

She said they bought plan F for a lot less than the G plans we had discussed last year.

I checked the rate on CSG.

Nope. They bought N.

But the agent said we would never have any out of pocket.

I said goodbye, hung up the phone, said a few curse words, and moved on. You can't fight stupid.

Reread what I said, I never said the client bought from someone else. This lady is T65 in January and I saw her in June. She's on Medicaid and I am waiting for Oct to do anything. She called me to ask about colonial penn and she said the agent told her not to go with anyone else because they don't have increases.

That's a lie. I'm just annoyed by all of their lies.

Their other lie, which I've now heard 3 times from different clients is, "you should sign up for plan F right now and lock in your rates. Plan F is gone in 2018 and if you don't sign up you won't be able to ever get it"

Now the first person who told me that I just assumed she may be confused. In the following month I've been told that exact same thing two more times

I'm sure I'm not in the minority here of hearing this. But today I got a call from a client who currently has Medicaid and starts Medicare this Jan. and of course Bankers life and casualty has recently been out to her house.
She asked me how much my plan was compared to CP's $154 plan. I asked her if it was Plan N and she confirmed. She then said that they told her that they should choose their Plan N because they do not have increases like AARP. Btw AARP is $134 and has had the lowest increases.

It drives me crazy that an agent can just lie that easily with a straight face. It's literally EVERY Bankers agent that lies. They are scum of the insurance industry and I hope some read this thread.

Your plan is easily 20% higher than most plans here in FL. They haven't had an increase in a few years because they are so damn high and that still doesn't mean you should lie and state that you do NOT have increases. You do. Stop lying.

Long story short. This lady has no money, has medicaid and isn't going with that agent. But I just despise Bankers life and casualty agents and the plethora of their lies.

They also tell people that AARP plans are group and can be cancelled at any time.

I'm sure we could write a book of all of the Bankers lies, it could be a New York Times best seller :1mad:

The Banker's Life and Casualty agents are the scum of the earth, even though many don't even understand that they are ignorant.

One thing that I don't understand is how the agents continue to be trained like this and Banker's still gets away with it after all these years of lies and deceitfulness.

In the past I have always contacted the State Dept of Insurance when I have run across things like this because they are fraudulent to the prospect and creates an unfair advantage for the dishonest agent. I would not just let it go. I have seen two agents be suspended based on my complaints.

Why let it go when it is wrong and the public and honest agents are harmed?

They also tell people that AARP plans are group and can be cancelled at any time.

I'm sure we could write a book of all of the Bankers lies, it could be a New York Times best seller :1mad:

Yep! Heard that multiple times. I let the client know that if AARP and UHC one day parted ways, you will still have a UHC supplement just like you do now.

Also, I think on ritters website I saw that they extended the partnership to the year 2030

Back