Veterans Summoned...Looking to Exit NAA and Enter a Better Place in the Industry

enlightenme

Hello all,

Thank you for this forum.

I joined NAA roughly 3 months ago. I've contracted with them and also with 8 different carriers, BUT have not submitted any business to the carriers yet.

I'm looking to get out of NAA because of their shitty contract levels and either get into a different company, become an independently licensed broker, or form an IMO.

Questions:
Is this possible since I have already signed up with NAA and sent in contracting info to the 8 carriers? (I realize I could simply find other carriers, but what about these?)

Is it possible to independently contract with carriers without working for any agency or must I be with an agency to sell?

I am licensed in life insurance and annuities in PA. What would you do if you were me?

All jokes aside please. Thanks ahead!

First, take your sights off of forming an IMO. You have nothing to offer agents yet.

Second, why didn't you sell anything?

Third, why are you in the insurance industry?

You will not need the carriers that NAA contracts you with. Don't worry about it.

Answer number 2 and 3 and you will have a more clear career path.

.....BUT have not submitted any business to the carriers yet. I'm looking to get out of NAA because of their shitty contract levels and either get into a different company, become an independently licensed broker, or form an IMO...............

This is too stupid to be real. Come on one of you confess up to this post!:D:D If it is real it is an ever bigger :D:D:D:D:D:D.

Why didn't you write any business in the 3 months your were with NAA?

Also, I'm selling some old leads in PA...interested?

i am gonna HAVE TO ASSUME, he means he writes with NAA, but noth the 8 carriers he added.........

First, take your sights off of forming an IMO. You have nothing to offer agents yet.

Second, why didn't you sell anything?

Third, why are you in the insurance industry?

You will not need the carriers that NAA contracts you with. Don't worry about it.

Answer number 2 and 3 and you will have a more clear career path.
Understandable.

I didn't sell anything because I am not good at closing. I'm working actively to get better. I believe I have it down now, but only results will tell. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I am in the industry because of the versatility/flexibility the job offers(I can do it part time until I master it, meanwhile I can pay the bills with another job). I am in an everchanging spot in my life/career currently. I am unsure whether I'll be moving to the west coast in three months or staying here, which will be determined by career choice. I got into it because it looked like a good way to make some money on the side.

Now that I'm in the industry, my eyes have been opened to how much safe value insurance can actually add to a person's life. I'd like to share this with as many people as possible.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you in the insurance industry?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh,

I'm not sure. What do you and others do to acquire leads?

Who is Todd King?
xrac,

I assure you I'm a real person. Like I said, all jokes aside.

Just looking for some direction/help from experienced people.
tins,

I wasn't trained very well. In NAA, they just throw you in to appointments.

The mentality is "fail fast, succeed fast", meaning learn from your mistakes, which I find to be somewhat worthy, albeit somewhat stupid and costly. I am getting better though.

Any tips?

Where do your leads come from?
i am gonna HAVE TO ASSUME, he means he writes with NAA, but noth the 8 carriers he added.........
Was there a point to this post or just thinking out loud?
I'll be waiting, Gurus.

Last edited:
Todd King can help you with contracts.

If you're having problems with closing, you probably need to work under someone else so you can learn to sell life insurance. If I were you, I wouldn't think of going on my own. What it will cost you in lost business alone will more than make up for the reduced commissions.

I'll second that for Todd King.
He up like 22 hours a day and will spend as much time as needed with any of his agents.
Also, gets discounted FE leads for his downline.

Speaking of NAA...

Couple of days ago, I was looking for something on YouTube, and bumped into a video by this nitwit named Arnold Thompson. He's an NAA "Rock Star". I thought, wow, this might have some entertainment value!

Long story short, I'm half paying attention to it when he says (at about 4:35), "during the financial crisis, not a single insurance company needed to be bailed out."

I guess nobody told him about AIG?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back