Videos on Agent's Websites

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
Do any of you put videos on your personal selling websites?
I've not seen a lot of agents doing it.
Where you either talk on it or show them something. It does not have to be you.

What do you think about videos on agent's websites? Would it help, or is it not worth the trouble?

I'm thinking about adding tons of videos to my selling websites. Is there a trick to it or should I do it?

i just started a new site and the videos are terrible, I am redoing the videos next week just did them quick and as a test but check out my site and let me know what you think. I am not advertising the site yet until i get the telephone lines set up properly and change out the videos.

www.insuremebytelephone.com
another link to the same site is
www.ohioinsurancebytelephone.com
I bought the domain names for every state and will eventually advertise in all states with each of them pointing to that site

you have already seen my other sites i believe
www.brokersrevolution.com
www.nationalinsuranceacademy.com

they both have videos too

i just started a new site and the videos are terrible, I am redoing the videos next week just did them quick and as a test but check out my site and let me know what you think. I am not advertising the site yet until i get the telephone lines set up properly and change out the videos.

www.insuremebytelephone.com
another link to the same site is
www.ohioinsurancebytelephone.com
I bought the domain names for every state and will eventually advertise in all states with each of them pointing to that site

you have already seen my other sites i believe
www.brokersrevolution.com
www.nationalinsuranceacademy.com

they both have videos too

As a lazy client, I rather look at a video then read anything.

I hear mix reviews of videos on people's websites.

I've heard that google likes video and it's good to have for seo purposes.

From a consumers view, I think it has to be very well done. If not it could hurt more than help.

Some carriers have professional videos that agents can use on their sites.

Last edited:
Google prefers video on websites and it will push SEO quite high if worked with stuff like squiddo and other SEO tools. I use a couple on my website, the hard part is not making them, its getting them past the compliance nazis. I also need to redo parts of them to get them looking better. One idea I have had is to utilize a local colleges mass media school to shoot the videos of me in dvd quality. This will look better for my website, and if you have the videos on youtube there is guaranteed fast loading and cross linking for SEO. I know NDSU has a program where you can have seniors do whatever you say for a semester for a 500 dollar "donation" to the school. I did it as a senior project and we did all the marketing research for a company for a very low fee.

Humana has a series of videos to use on websites. I just haven't done it as of yet. Looking at using Intuit® Small Business | Free Website Builder, Accounting Software & More to set up a new site, and including the Humana videos.

My MSN site is fair. Nothing to write home about, and worth every dime I paid for it ($0)

Humana has a large enough budget to make sure the video does more good then harm. Video is a touchy thing and I think most agents are more likely to lose business as a result of putting video on their site then they would earn. Personally I think a website is a better tool for building trust with new prospects/customers than a way of attracting them. That being said, I've found that websites can be great for recruiting agents.

Video on your site is a really great addition. The reason is because it personalizes your site. Instead of seeing a website, they actually feel like they have made a connection with the agent. You put a site without video, and a site with even decent quality video and the video site will win hands down everytime. (note: please assume the sites are the same besides video. I know if I don't say that a bunch of people will try crucify me.)

I just used video for a urologists website and he has already seen an increase in website response.

Video on your site is a really great addition. The reason is because it personalizes your site. Instead of seeing a website, they actually feel like they have made a connection with the agent. You put a site without video, and a site with even decent quality video and the video site will win hands down everytime. (note: please assume the sites are the same besides video. I know if I don't say that a bunch of people will try crucify me.)

I just used video for a urologists website and he has already seen an increase in website response.

I think that the use of a video can hurt a site just as much as helping it. Chris moved this video off his main page and I think that was a good call. Any thoughts one way or the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back