Vimo Attacks From The Cell Flank!!

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Dateline Dallas: Vimo is now sending text mesg. to any and everyone with a cell phone with a claim of $4.95 a week for health insurance and providing a phone number to call in and apply. According to Ms.XXX who lives in a depressed area of Dallas and is pregnant she received a text mesg on or about Sat. eveing. The text was instructing her to call the 800 number provided to get her $4.95 a week policy. She called and provided all the info. Ms.XXX thought she could get her pregnancy covered.

Professional Agent Response: WTF? First, was this gonna be a Vimo Live lead if anyone would have answered on a Sat. Is this the new way Vimo is attacking potential clients? Is this the type of lead that you, the health agent, wants to pay for and you Vimo Live boys, do you want to pay $36.00 for this crap, and her being pregnant with no credits to boot? Also living in one of the most depressed areas of Dallas, not having health insurance now and also the email address was [email protected]?

Boys, these guys are playing every one of us as fools. These are not leads, and this is not a lead company, they are scum suckers.

*** all information i have submitted was according to a client***

caveman.gif

Peeler - I'm with you 100%. If that's the case and they're texting people talking about $4.95 per week that's unforgivable. Let's hear from Vimo on this and make sure it's not some out of control affiliate - that they've fired over a tactic like this.

I do not see sending text messages as a legitimate way to generate leads.

Dateline Dallas: Vimo is now sending text mesg. to any and everyone with a cell phone with a claim of $4.95 a week for health insurance and providing a phone number to call in and apply. According to Ms.XXX who lives in a depressed area of Dallas and is pregnant she received a text mesg on or about Sat. eveing. The text was instructing her to call the 800 number provided to get her $4.95 a week policy. She called and provided all the info. Ms.XXX thought she could get her pregnancy covered.
*** all information i have submitted was according to a client***

I have always known that there are bad leads, worse leads, crap leads and crappier leads, but I don't think that they could possibly get any worse than this scenario.

Let me ask an obvious question? The phone number was VIMO? Are you sure, or is this an assumption?

John - can't be a rogue affiliate, unless the phone number isn't VIMO. If the text gives VIMO's 800 number, then they wouldn't have anyway to track and pay the affiliate. Now, it could be one of those 'marketing' 800 numbers, where it forwards, so they can count the calls.

Personally, I don't do VIMO leads, but in my converstions with them, this doesn't sound like something they would do. One thing I'll give Netquote, InsureMe, and VIMO is they try to run pretty honest operations. Doesn't always work out for all agents, but it usually isn't an outright attempt to do sucky things. Unfortunately, they do deal with some companies that will do sucky things.

Dan

Forget about the pregnant woman - are they really sending text messages?

yes yes yes... i know... i know... nutty as ****... but the prego woman is a player here... because she CALLED IN and they let her tru with the PRE-EXISTING CONDITION... there was also no... i repeat NO address on the lead... and we all know that it the client went to the websit and entered the info thet you could not procede without the address

Back