Vimo live transfers

I'm not sure on the exact % that come from keywords. We're now running ads in mass media channels under the brand name GetInsured.com, so it's not all web-traffic. I think our TV traffic trumps web at this time.

We'll have a webinar coming up soon that will show our ads that are running on TV, radio and XM satellite radio. I'm sure hearing the ads will give you all some great marketing ideas. It'll be on Dec. 12th at 10am PST.

We'll be spending millions on national mass media (in addition to web) in 2008, so call volume will start scaling dramatically when the product is ready.

I'm planning on taking about 8 to 10 of these calls starting in the beginning of Jan. 08'. I'm happy to hear Vimo will be screening for checking accounts. I ran into too many that didn't have money or a checking account. This "Live Transfer" from Vimo is a great concept. Vimo will only get better as they fine tune and implement a few more things. Vimo seems to me to be on the cutting edge. If I was a new agent, I would probably stick to internet leads or some other source until I developed excellent product knowledge and phone skills. I also like hearing that Vimo will be rewarding those agents who pick up the phone! I took 5 calls from Vimo Thursday, unfortunately, 3 had no money or checking accounts. The other one was uninsurable, which Vimo credited, and the other one should be a future sale, 50/50 chance. I plan on giving Vimo a solid chance to earn my business. It's Saturday and I'm getting ready to log into my Vimo account and "Activate" for some "Live Transfers." I'll keep everyone updated.

~Sunmed

I'm on three sales for 7 transfers but I think as the dust settles I'll be looking at 1 out of 4 or 1 out of 5. I think by definition when you close 1 out of 4 the other three "suck" so I just have to overcome the psychology involved that the three I didn't close cost me around $90. I have no idea what I'm actually willing to pay for my phone to ring 3 to 6 times a day with a prospect on the other end yet. I have to stick with this a while longer and establish a true ROI.

I also have to be prepared to hit inevitbale dry runs where I might skunk on 1 out of 7 or even 8. I think true ROIs for any lead source are only established after weeks of receiving a steady steam of leads. Due to the cost involved with this, I see a lot of agents taking 4 calls, not closing one and dumping it without giving it the proper amount of time. You won't see true RIO on any shared source until you have at least 100 leads. I'd guess you'd need at least 20 to establish a return for Vimo.

And Sunmed - I think it's damned if you do and damned if you don't for new agents. Taking transfers is tough because your sales process isn't honed yet, however taking shared leads is equally as rough since new agents are pitted against more experienced agents or boiler room outfits.

And does any brand new agent here want to go head to head with agents like Sti, Somarco, Chump, TX? If I was a new agent and had a bit of cash floating around I'd spend some time doing nothing but intense product study then go for the Vimo transfers and coordinate it with a quote engine.

A new agent can grab something like Norvax or a competing quoting tool, take the live transfer and simply direct the prospect to that page. That might very well be the single best opportunity for new agents to get off the ground.

On shared leads or Vimo transfers, without sharp phone skills and product knowlege let's face it - you have a rough road ahead.

Back