Vimo Questions

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Where Is The New 20 Questions You Now Have That Eliminate Credits?? I Know You Know Im Asking This... So Why Dont You Want To Release It??? Chicken??

U WERE SO QUICK TO JUMP ON HERE AND TOUT THE NEW VIMOLIVE... WHERE U GO?? NO TALK WHEN NEGITIVE QUESTIONS COME UP??

Last edited:
I'm not sure that VIMO is under any obligation to release the questions, to do so would definitely help any competitor in the making... That said, it could be a wise thing to generally say what they screen for.

Bottom line, if you make money with the leads, work them. If you don't make money, don't work them. It's all a matter of what you are looking for in life. Personally, I've significantly slowed down on internet leads, probably stop them all together in the next month. I've learned I hate working them, and would rather put my efforts elsewhere (helps that I focus on P&C). The live transfers are interesting, but my phone rings more than I can answer it now anyways (not all with new clients, unfortunately).

My guess is you can call your VIMO rep and ask what types of things they screen for. If they answer the question to your satisfaction, you can up your bid. If not, you can decrease it. Pretty simple.

Dan

djs... your comments sound just like the present clown we have in the white house... never release info, lie to the public, do as we wish... the dumb public will gobble it up like a turkey dinner....

TO VIMO.... RELEASE THE QUESTIONS... U OWE IT TO US IF YOU ARE GONNA TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS OF CREDIT!!!!

djs... your comments sound just like the present clown we have in the white house... never release info, lie to the public, do as we wish... the dumb public will gobble it up like a turkey dinner....

TO VIMO.... RELEASE THE QUESTIONS... U OWE IT TO US IF YOU ARE GONNA TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS OF CREDIT!!!!

Now, if I only got a free airplane for my own use :)

I'm not disagreeing with you that it would probably be in their best interest to release the questions, especially since they are taking away credits. I think you missed my point though, you have the right not to do business with them if you don't like their approach. For me, it's simple:

No credits = no business

Bottom line is VIMO has to make a buck here as well. While people want the right to have credits, these add to the costs for the lead provider, they do not get the credit back, so they have to pass the cost back to you in turn with a higher per lead cost. I agree though, that a bum lead is a bum lead. Where do you draw the line? Especially with live transfers. It's tough.

That said, I probably don't return half of the internet leads that I could return, which is why I'm stepping away from internet leads as a source for me for a while. To many other things happening.

Dan

Likely Vimo has been pummeled with requests for credits. I think what it's gonna come down to is you can make money from the transfers or you can't.

As I posted before, if you put an ad out that cost $500 and you netted $1,500 (returned $2,000 gross) and your phone simply rang would you run the ad again?

Well, that's a personal question. Some agents would say no - they can return more than $2,000 for $500 spent. Other agents would think that's ok to just have your phone ring without messing with shared leads.

What you can't do is place that $500 ad then call up your advertiser every time you get a bad lead. Vimo's probably going mental with agents who really don't get it and try to return basically every lead they don't close.

I'm for Vimo on this one - you set the bid - which means by default you can't pay more than you're willing for a lead. If you get the transfer it's yours - get over it. You can't handle that kind of action? No problem, but don't complain about it.

Some people can't handle no-limit hold 'em. But hey, there's always the kiddie table:-)

What’s all the fuss about?
Everyone knows that the people who fill out forms on line:
1. Never, ever lie.
2. Are always very anxious to speak to an agent.
3. Will always pick up the telephone on the first ring.
4. Always have a checking account
5. Always able to afford the premiums.
6. Most of them are woefully underinsured.
7. Are built like an Ethiopian runway model.
8. Have never been within 4 miles of a cigarette.
9. Teach aerobics on the weekends.
10. Never had a day’s illness in their lives.
11. Have a positive view of insurance companies.
12. Are never too busy to set up an appointment.
13. Always know the social security numbers of their kids.
14. Absolutely love bank drafts.
15. Have never received a lower quote than the one you give.
16. Know that discounts cards are a waste of money.
17. Know that limited benefit plans are a waste of money.
18. Their doctors are bound to be in the PPO network.
19. Are never pregnant when shopping for insurance.
20. Know exactly how much an average hospital stay cost.

So why worry about credits?

I would pay more for INTERNET Live Transfers than T.V. or RADIO - the quality of lead is night and day. I wonder if they would consider separate bids like Google does for Search vs. Content?

I personally think there is a balance on credits and there needs to be SOME credit provision. We took a call the other day that was screened for Diabetes but the first thing she tells us is she takes Insulin - would I get stuck with $30 to $60 for that call?

People lie during the screening and some screening is rough, every market and every carrier have various guidelines - you will never please every agent - therefore the best approach is to meet in the middle and have SOME form of credits.

A lot of lead companies that pulled credits lost all of their brokers and went back to credits. It is clearly a balance.

If they pull credits, in time they will go back to credits - it is how the business works.

You also might get a better forum interaction if you ask nicely and not so aggressive - I am not sure I would respond to this thread if this were my lead company. You are free to post as you wish - but calling a lead vendor "chicken" wouldn't make me respond.

And like a previous post - if you don't like what Vimo offers you can take your business elsewhere - it is really that simple.

John boy, you said you... and i quote, "I'm for Vimo on this one"... should we expect and other answer?? your the paid hack for these guys.... was it not you that said in a national email spam "SIMPLY AMAZING" and then alude to the fact you had sold or about to sell EVERY vimolive transfer you had gotten?? Do you expect us to believe that you are not a paid actor here?? I would expect nothing less than you singing their value... your income depends one it... remember this also... we already know based on your blog that you will prostitute yourself out for 25 bucks an hour with a 1000 minn. to preach to new agents how to sell..... have you ever heard the old saying, great players go into the hall of fame, avg players coach.... so coach.... how much vimolive paying you??

Now, I have never had a problem sitting at the high stakes no limit table... but no one eants to sit at the tables with someone dealing from the bottom of the deck... hope you dont catch a "hanger"

Back