Violation: Running Drugs on Medicare.gov

And there's another part where an agent will justify doing the referral program; Servicing the client. There are many agents who won't do anything with Part D simply because they don't want to get service phone calls from the client wondering, "Why did they take my drug out of the formulary?" Or, "I think Wal-Mart charged me too much for this medication. What are you going to do about it?"

Sometimes it's just not worth getting the service calls on a product that you got paid a whopping $28 on! Of course, some agents don't mind it at all and just see it as part of the job. Either way, it comes down to what the agent wants and doesn't want.

It's a big hassle I agree.In a perfect world agents getting in door under the guise of being the all around medicare health plan expert would be up front with the seniors before come in in to their home and tell them they wont be held accountable for their part D enrollment choice therefor it's best for you mr. consumer if you use a different AOR for your part D enrollment and let me be the AOR that helped you find the lowest premium for your plan G.

There are people on this forum who are very adept at digging up threads very quickly and easily. There was someone a few months ago stating that that is exactly what they do, and there is nothing CMS can or will do about it.

Now, if these people who are quick on the draw, digging up previous threads from months ago, want to find that thread, and expose the individual, they would.

It's a talent I don't possess.

There is someone out there, on the forum, that feels they are above this, and can, and will, get away with it. If it's important enough to those with excellent thread digging skills, they will expose that individual.

But, then again, they're not ME.

:1eek:

I personally get worried when agents claim they are free from the compliance arm of CMS.

All CMS has to do it edit the Medicare Marketing Guidelines to state a licensed insurance agent cannot facilitate any kind of enrollment assistance in a Medicare Advantage or Prescription drug plan unless they are certified by the carrier they are assisting with and BAM...no more helping clients.

What wrong with the part d world is your part d this year can totally change everything next year but for the name and if someone is not on top of it the senior gets screwed and CMS wants to throw a bunch of marketing guidelines in our face but nothing when a carrier totally changes what has already been sold then pack everything in a short selling season and you understand why some people say screw this.

If the client is free to pick any carrier they want, and the carrier is free to enroll anyone who is eligible, then who is committing the violation?

At one time, I thought that it was crummy that non certified agents assisted with pdp enrollment. After countless hours of renewing clients on pdp for the last several years, I have changed my stance. I really don't care any more. When you are letting calls go to VM while sitting on the phone for an hour to maintain a $28 commission, for the 7th year in a row, the light may finally come on at 6:30 PM...this is stupid.

Back