Violations of the code of ethics?

upnsmoke2005@

Expert
I was dealing with a very rude managing agent that has me under a very lousy contract for 6 months. He was a real jerk when I asked to be released. So basically I called him an a s s hole and told him to screw off. I know this is not professional but he emailed me back now threatening that he can have my license revoked through the insurance commssion and have me terminated from all carriers for violating the code of ethics. Is this something he can do or is he just trying to scare me?

I was dealing with a very rude managing agent that has me under a very lousy contract for 6 months. He was a real jerk when I asked to be released. So basically I called him an a s s hole and told him to screw off. I know this is not professional but he emailed me back now threatening that he can have my license revoked through the insurance commssion and have me terminated from all carriers for violating the code of ethics. Is this something he can do or is he just trying to scare me?

Did you get some help through IHIAA?

He is not able to get your license revoked.

He is blowing smoke.

He reports you and that opens up a can of worms for the state to look at his operation as well.

Just threats.

Besides if he is an A hole , so be it. The state isn't going to care about you calling a GA an A hole.

Code of ethics violation? Ohhh please do not make me laugh.

The state is concerned with people stealing consumers money or fraud - not you calling some slimy GA and A hole.

your actions sound like me dealing with insurance companies on and daily basis.... if i can call an underwriter and a vp of marketing the c word, one was a woman... so that c word and the other was a man... so that c-s word... i would not worry... and never let them or anyone run over you or your clients... call a spade a spade and tell him to piss off

Your license cannot be revoked nor your appointments terminated because you called him an a***hole. The DOI does not get involved in playground fights between agents or agencies.

call a spade a spade and tell him to piss off

And a "Spade" he was. Some of these managers are real a/holes. Can you believe this guy tried to get me at 10% on med/health first year with no renewal %'s? This guy was a real jerk. Thank god I only signed under their dental and none of the medical. even as a new agent i could tell this was very questionably low.

And a "Spade" he was. Some of these managers are real a/holes. Can you believe this guy tried to get me at 10% on med/health first year with no renewal %'s? This guy was a real jerk. Thank god I only signed under their dental and none of the medical. even as a new agent i could tell this was very questionably low.

Maybe time to fire up a spleef and chill dude...

"violating the code of ethics"

This applies mainly with dealing with the general public, not a sales manager.

If it's just one product and one carrier, don't worry. Move on. Lots of good carriers to choose from.

The only thing they can do that's a pain is not release you, then you may have to wait to sell, but I've heard there are ways around that.

Back