Vista

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
Anyone using Vista yet? I have talked to three people so far and they all say they hate it. One guy said four guys he works with loaded it and all of their computers crashed.

Anyone using Vista yet? I have talked to three people so far and they all say they hate it. One guy said four guys he works with loaded it and all of their computers crashed.

Give it six months and let them work out the bugs, I'm assured by users its good. Like most new things it needs time to work out the bugs and it'll be great I'm sure.

Give it six months and let them work out the bugs, I'm assured by users its good.

Yeah, they only spent 5 years and 5 billion dollars on it. I'd think six months ought to do it.

I use a Mac... and so far there is nothing I can't do with it. I can even run YIO via the $80 Parallels emulator (but you need at least 1 GB of RAM... which you should have anyway...2 GB is better.)

No virsuses, no worms, everything just works, and you don't have to put up with the Microsoft authorization crap.

Yeah, I'm sure that in six months they will fix all the problems in Vista that they could not do in the past five years!

Oh, and yeah I have credentials. Spent 30 years a programer. I wrote http://www.jaya123.com Try the demo.. great for a company that is widget oriented, crap for an insurance office... use YIO or FreeCRM.com if you are looking for something to run your office on (I use MySQL and spreadsheets because to me 'less' is 'more'.) YMMV. No wrong choice or answer.

Six months. :goofy: :arghh: :notworthy:

Al

There's nothing funnier than those TV ads busting on PC's. I laughed out loud when I saw that ad where the PC guy was taping a Cam on his head with masking tape. The next funniest one was the conversation where the guy standing behind the PC was was saying "Mac is trying to communicate - allow or disallow."

Yeah, they only spent 5 years and 5 billion dollars on it. I'd think six months ought to do it.

I use a Mac... and so far there is nothing I can't do with it. I can even run YIO via the $80 Parallels emulator (but you need at least 1 GB of RAM... which you should have anyway...2 GB is better.)

No virsuses, no worms, everything just works, and you don't have to put up with the Microsoft authorization crap.

Yeah, I'm sure that in six months they will fix all the problems in Vista that they could not do in the past five years!

Oh, and yeah I have credentials. Spent 30 years a programer. I wrote http://www.jaya123.com Try the demo.. great for a company that is widget oriented, crap for an insurance office... use YIO or FreeCRM.com if you are looking for something to run your office on (I use MySQL and spreadsheets because to me 'less' is 'more'.) YMMV. No wrong choice or answer.

Six months. :goofy: :arghh: :notworthy:

Al

Will see, I betcha in six months they will have it working almost perfectly, well at least as perfect it gets for PC users. I use both so it really doesn't matter but they knew of problems but as we all know you have to launch it then fix the problems most users have, that doesn't take long I'm told Microsoft have a lot of programmers that can work long hours when need be.

I too am old school. Windows 2005 or 6 what ever came before vista, office 97, and spreadsheets.

Humana has a CDS (Client Database System) that is worthless. Used to be good but they allowed any and all to make changes, and a few did. And a few options got lost, and some files got deleted...and so on...

I looked at freecrm. Is that a good one? Looked more like a wiget program that al was talking about.

I think I am going to use ACT 2000. Older but does not bring the system down like a...well... I will keep this clean.

I too am old school. Windows 2005 or 6 what ever came before vista, office 97, and spreadsheets.

Humana has a CDS (Client Database System) that is worthless. Used to be good but they allowed any and all to make changes, and a few did. And a few options got lost, and some files got deleted...and so on...

I looked at freecrm. Is that a good one? Looked more like a wiget program that al was talking about.

I think I am going to use ACT 2000. Older but does not bring the system down like a...well... I will keep this clean.

freecrm.com's software is nice and is user friendly. I use ACT and spreadsheets to keep track of everything so I haven't found a use for the program. However, if somebody buy's leads from sales genie, D&B, etc., and likes to keep track of everything in one place that software should be at the top of the list.

Back