Voice Broadcasting

Well that brings us down to 115k records then. I wonder what they were doing to carve out more than half of businesses. Do you know if they were just using yellow page data?

I tried using a voice broadcasting system. People would press 1 and tell me to eat s--- or just hang up on me. Did not get any promising leads. This was for FE insurance. I also read here that it was illegal to use voice broadcasting, or does it depend on the state?

According to the FTC it's illegal in every state. There are some folks that think there are ways around it, but the language of the law is pretty specific. Google "FTC september 1, 2009" and that should give you some pretty solid specifics.

According to the FTC it's illegal in every state. There are some folks that think there are ways around it, but the language of the law is pretty specific. Google "FTC september 1, 2009" and that should give you some pretty solid specifics.

So does that mean you can't use any kind of dialer?

I was selling health. The results were somewhat predictable. What's your reaction when you get answer a call and it's an automated message telling you to "press 1?" Exactly.

My response when I get these at home (yes they are illegally calling a residence number) is to press #1 but the last 5 times this has happened I get tired of waiting 2 or 3 minutes to get a human and hang up....What a waste of resources.

So does that mean you can't use any kind of dialer?

There is a lot of confusion about what "dialer" means.

1. Predictive and/or power dialers actually have a live person answering the phone, those are perfectly legitimate. There are laws regarding the drop rates and a few other things, but those are perfectly legal.

2. Voice broadcasting also known as robo calls, press 1 campaigns or autodialers (that autodialer term gets confused with predictive/power dialers all the time), which is illegal when calling residents, whether or not they are on the do-not-call registry. They key difference is that they are using a prerecorded message to sell something and that's where the problem is.

I buy leads from a guy who does this...

He has it down pretty darn good though.

I pay $25 per lead and usually do Texas.

I am sure he has dialed the whole state

tons of times BUT you get different responses

on different days I guess?

All I know is the lead quality is pretty good from him.

Actually it's really good I wish I could just get a

unlimited number of them at a lower cost.

I buy leads from a guy who does this...

He has it down pretty darn good though.

I pay $25 per lead and usually do Texas.

I am sure he has dialed the whole state

tons of times BUT you get different responses

on different days I guess?

All I know is the lead quality is pretty good from him.

Actually it's really good I wish I could just get a

unlimited number of them at a lower cost.

Does he do any other states besides texas

Latest posts

Back