Voice Mail: What Do You Say?

Bob Klee

Guru
100+ Post Club
Folks,
I've been reviewing the return requests for "bogus" leads for trends & one reason that is appearing more than ever before is: Won't return my calls.....thus: lead must suck:(

This reason doesn't come from my big lead buyers: ie: those that buy over 90/month...but is becoming more frequent for those that buy less than 50/month.

Several questions to those of you that have success with leads:
1] What kind of message do you leave?
2] Do you send any email messages?
3] Do you do anything else?

I have talked to a number of agents lately to see what message they leave & to ask for processes. Most agents leave the standard VM message of: Hello, this is Bob from Allstate Insurance. I see you were looking online for an insurance quote. My number is: 615.555.5555. Please call me back so I can help you.

So, how many here think a consumer will call this type of VM message back?

IMO: When you leave a message, ask yourself: Would I return this call?

Personally, I think no chance on the above example. I have several ideas but would love to hear from you first. Then I'll give you a few pointers I think will help from the guys I've talked to that are making leads work.

Let's see if we can help folks on the Forum make some money!

I have talked to a number of agents lately to see what message they leave & to ask for processes. Most agents leave the standard VM message of: Hello, this is Bob from Allstate Insurance. I see you were looking online for an insurance quote. My number is: 615.555.5555. Please call me back so I can help you.
So, how many here think a consumer will call this type of VM message back?

depends on the product lead.....for my life insurance lead....."Yes my name is Scott and I was cross referencing my leads for life insurance and Nancy Smith has come up deceased and checking if I should delete this info....call me at....."

Hi, this is Bob from XYZ and I wanted to thank you for requesting our free book on how to get rid of your spouse and make it look like an accident.

Wait, that is a side business . . .

Seriously, in the case of purchased internet leads I would probably do something like this.

Hi this is Bob. I know your phone has been ringing off the wall as a result of your search for information on _____________. Here is my offer.

I promise to take no more than 10 minutes of your time and I won't insist on coming to your home. If I can't answer your questions to your satisfaction we part ways as friends. Fair enough?

OK here is what I learned, from Hocutt Associates

Voice Mail:
1- Learn how to pronounce peoples names correctly
2- Leave accurate information with your enthusiasm
3-Create frequency of contact which creates trust
4-You "create added value service " because every time you call, you are going to leave new ideas.
5 - try and leave your e-mail address. ( I am skeptical about this one for FE )
6- Detrmine the type of personality of the person so you can adapt and meet them at their level.
Now this is What Decision - Makers Look for in Your Voice Mail Message.

When you leave a voice mail message...

1- Tell them who you are.

2- Tell them who you Represent

3-Tell them what you want.

4- Tell them what you want them to do. BE SPECIFIC::SLEEP:

Be specific. It depends on what your trying to do,

Example. " I am calling you today, to offer you free money. Hypothetical of course.

Second call , I am contacting you again, to offer help on getting some free money.

Third call. I have not heard from you. This is about the offer for free money.

Now, return my call , today by 600pm, to get this free money. This is being specific...Date and Time

Go to Library and get a copy of the book, selling for dummies,,, No pun intended.

Good Luck...Suit up your starting.

Don NJ:D

Hi this is Bob. I know your phone has been ringing off the wall as a result of your search for information on _____________. Here is my offer.

I promise to take no more than 10 minutes of your time and I won't insist on coming to your home. If I can't answer your questions to your satisfaction we part ways as friends. Fair enough?
Pure genius that unfortunately will be lost in the "average agent" shuffle. If only they had the cajones to dare to be different...

Hi, this is Bob from XYZ and I wanted to thank you for requesting our free book on how to get rid of your spouse and make it look like an accident.

Wait, that is a side business . . .

Seriously, in the case of purchased internet leads I would probably do something like this.

Good post from a pro!

After about 5-7 calls and 2-3 voicemails, I leave what I call the "silk tie salesman" voicemail. Stupid, yes. Effective, absolutely.

"John, Hi it is Nic again. I feel like you are avoiding me like I was a silk tie salesman. I get it--you think I am trying to sell you something you don't need. The reality is John, that I only need 10 minutes of your time to determine your eligibility and see what kind of insurance you are looking for...be it with a medical exam or without. Number again is xxx-xxx-xxxx."

Stupid as it sounds, it gets calls back....clients mostly laughing about it.

Separate from the crowd......

Back