Voicemail Drop

Voicemail can work if you create interest and they are expecting your call. But since this forum is about cold calling I suppose there is no way to generate anticipation, is there?

And even when cold-calling you can leave a "hook" in the voicemail.

I suspect that those saying that voicemail is worthless are leaving worthless voicemails?

e2deb0980eee3eff21e9df75660708bd

I suspect that those saying that voicemail is worthless are leaving worthless voicemails?

e2deb0980eee3eff21e9df75660708bd

Is that voicemail (e2deb0980eee3eff21e9df75660708bd) worthless or intriguing?

I'm beginning a new cold calling venture and would like to know if there is any way to do a voicemail drop if an answering machine picks up so I don't have to leave the same voicemail 100s of times per day. I know there are services you can pay for, but I'm looking for a cheap way to integrate this with my Skype click to call. Does anyone else use Skype and have a way to do this?
What exactly is Skype Click to Call, how does it work? I tried googling it but it doesn't give me a clear explanation.

Ive had success using vm drops thru callfire.

Dont get hung up on skype click to call. The vm drop is a simple concept. Send to your list around 730am - so in case the # rings to someones cell you wont tick them off calling too early. set the campaign to hang up on a live pick up; leave a vm when it finds a vm box.

the only message that has worked for me was a 45-55 second personal message offering a free report, then funneling the call backs to a free recorded message where they leave their mailing info for the report. Kind of like a classified ad prompting a call to deliver a longer sales message.

It works best when it sounds like an actual vm message that you manually dialed; otherwise it's clearly a mass-distributed message that most people will ignore.

Read Five Minutes with Vito or Stephen Schiffman for tips on good VMs...

I've done test campaigns this way, dropping 300 VMs for about $20, and gotten paying clients out of it. And repetition will probably work, but I haven't tried it...you just need to be careful not to dial people repeatedly all day. Once or twice a week is plenty.

"Many a slip betwixt cup and the lip", of course, but it can work.

I've been trained not to leave VM, so after 2 years of cold calling I thought I'd leave some VM. What could it hurt. Well it didn't hurt but I wasted quite a lot of time listening to the VM box on the other end, and then my breath trying to get them to call me back. 0 results. Smile and dial and wake up when you get a live voice....

Calling and leaving messages does work. Most people never answer their phones these days if they do not recognize your phone number. I like to leave messages directing them to my website for a free quote or to watch a webinar.
I got lucky. I got involved with a dialer when it was part of a start up (salesenvy). It's just a one line dialer that uses Skype, but I have no monthly fees. I bought the solo package but I can upgrade to the top package anytime which would allow me to have up to a 20 man team. Anybody else would have to pay $360 / month.

Calling and leaving messages does work. Most people never answer their phones these days if they do not recognize your phone number. I like to leave messages directing them to my website for a free quote or to watch a webinar.
I got lucky. I got involved with a dialer when it was part of a start up (salesenvy). It's just a one line dialer that uses Skype, but I have no monthly fees. I bought the solo package but I can upgrade to the top package anytime which would allow me to have up to a 20 man team. Anybody else would have to pay $360 / month.
I agree with Hopwood04. Most people don't answer their phones anymore and they wait to see if the person calling leaves a VM. If the person doesn't, it was obviously not important. If the person does, most people will listen and it is an opportunity to leave a well crafted marketing message even if it is ridiculously simple. I get a lot of insurance agency financing business by leaving a vm with s simple message as to why the prospect would want our capital.

Bulk voicemail drop is a great way to warm a cold call (it's cheap too). Always leave a voicemail when manually dialing on your first point of contact and then maybe after every few calls after that. You should be using email and text too. Also, send a snail mail postcard or letter. The more points of contact you can make the better. This my friend is lead development and most agents don't go to this extent.

Bulk voicemail drop is a great way to warm a cold call (it's cheap too). Always leave a voicemail when manually dialing on your first point of contact and then maybe after every few calls after that. You should be using email and text too. Also, send a snail mail postcard or letter. The more points of contact you can make the better. This my friend is lead development and most agents don't go to this extent.

I call only once. Never text. Send a few emails for no more than 3 days.

If they are interested they answer the phone or call back.

After 3 days they are dead.

I don't have the time or desire to appear desperate.

You would be surprised how many will call back once you send them a "closing your file" email.

If you are not creating a level of interest in what you can offer you are just another peddler.

Last edited:
Back