Voicemail Drop

I call only once. Never text. Send a few emails for no more than 3 days.

If they are interested they answer the phone or call back.

After 3 days they are dead.

I don't have the time or desire to appear desperate.

You would be surprised how many will call back once you send them a "closing your file" email.

If you are not creating a level of interest in what you can offer you are just another peddler.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. In my early days I would do anything for business - I needed to. If they didn't answer or call back I might even show up at their place. Now, I am more or less like somarco here. I also find the takeaway close "I am closing my file" to be very effective when used at the proper time in the process, or lack there of, I suppose.

In my early days I would do anything for business - I needed to. If they didn't answer or call back I might even show up at their place.

I have been desparate to make a sale, but I tried very hard to be coy and not let on that I needed the sale. Many folks can sense desparation in your voice or presentation. Some will toy with you and lead you on but never buy.

I would call multiple X in the old day before everyone had caller ID. Stopped doing that a few years ago. Sometimes I will call 2x but mostly just once.

Always annoys me when I call someone, they don't answer, but then they call right back. I answer the phone and they either hang up or say "did you call me?". I just say no, and hang up.

So I have never really chased people but I have written apps that pay me less than $10/month. Rarely do that any more.

The take away works if you do it right.

Back