Voip and phone systems for new agencies in 2019

andy_M

Expert
I saw some older threads on this which are a decade old...and technology has come a long way. What are folks using to power voice for their 1-5 producer agencies where some producers will be remote?

Needs:
1- main call in number with pbx like phone tree and vm boxes
2- support up to 5 producers who all have direct lines and hunt group
3- call forwarding to mobile numbers.
4- voice mail (obviously)
5- click to call
6- connection with systems like EX Lynx
7- ability to text from your desk top

I'm not trying to use the random auto dialing stuff that some are doing where you spam every number that isn't listed on the DNC list. (no offense, but I'm not doing that)

Skype for IM between agents is fine, but I was less than enthused when I tried this for a land line as an experiment for 3 month period. I've seen it work for scale companies of 10k or more which have unlimited premier support from their IT team and a direct line MSFT resource, but I'm dubious of it working for a small business.

I've seen mixed reviews of Ring Central. At $20/seat per month, this seems not bad.

Comcast business had a decent package, but I'm unsure of the text from desktop feature. It was about 170 which included business internet. Offsetting my current internet, that'd get me 3 seats for about 100 more than my current phone/internet.

what did you end up going with, and how do you like it?

I am trying out Ring Central right now.

I went with Ring. Like most VOIP solutions, it's not perfect, but appears to be a good bang for the buck in comparison to Comcast. Per our offline conversation, the PC app has some issues, but you can work around them if you are aware. I'm curious about how well the HW phones work.

I have used several phone systems over the yeas and Dialpad is BY far the best one yet. There are loads of great features with the best being the ability for the number to role over to your cell phone.

Back