Walmart - Humana - Confusion

angbakr

A few months ago a Humana agent contacted me about an opportunity to sit in a walmart. Initially I was all about it but as time went on and there were more and more certifications and classes and face to face stuff that had to get done, I was losing patience. In addition I work fulltime. So insurance selling is less than part time. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I told the FMO that I was not going to move forward with the Walmart deal, I just don't have the time. He was as nice as can be but told me that there is a 500 dollar charge that is split between them and direct health or something - and I was going to get a bill for 250.00 of it. And that his manager would be calling me to tell me the same, I told them to send me a copy of the contract I signed that says there is a charge, he told me it was a verbal contract. I doubt that would even hold water but it really makes me mad that either company would have the nerve to bill for something I had no idea existed. I am cutting all ties with Humana as I feel like they never gave me a complete scope of this deal. Any thoughts?:mad:

I thought it was pretty well known that they charge for you to sit at a wal mart. You probably "mis-remembered" but I doubt they can charge you if you didn't sign anything.

If selling insurance is "less than a part time job", why did you waste the Humana reps' time in the first place?

Oh, by the way, who is the FMO? I have a pretty good idea.

No one wasted his time. I took on more duties and there was no way I could meet the 20 hours that I once could. And as far as pretty well known - I'm not an *** but I dont see it mentioned anywhere - that cost was never spoken about and since I am in a state that hasn't had humana in it - It was highly unlikely I would have "known".

No one wasted his time. I took on more duties and there was no way I could meet the 20 hours that I once could. And as far as pretty well known - I'm not an *** but I dont see it mentioned anywhere - that cost was never spoken about and since I am in a state that hasn't had humana in it - It was highly unlikely I would have "known".

Sounds like your FMO is to blame - everything I've ever seen about the Humana/Walmart retail program makes it pretty darn clear about the fee structure.

Note to self - Ask more questions. Since I am independent I definitely was not prepared for all the rules and regulations that comes with it. I am not sure it would have been a good deal anyway. Humana can only sell into a very small area of my state (and that just started), so the products were limited. So maybe I am an ***.

Thanks for your responses.

I am in Maryland. I should have come here first to read on anyone's experiences with it - I would have ran day 1

I have many agents that are sitting at walmart and when the store is reserved for you, you were to pay the $500. If you never paid it then you are not obligated to pay anything. There is a written contract and again, the money was collected when the store was selected by the agent.

Back