Walmart/Sam’s Club Dips Another Toe into Health Insurance Waters

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
A Walmart exec said they want to be the “No. 1 healthcare provider in the industry” when they announced the “Healthcare Begins Here” program with DirectHealth a few weeks back. Now their Sam’s Club unit has launched a private health exchange in 18 states through a new partnership with Aetna. This one’s geared toward small business owners.

Just posted an article about it at the link below.

Insurance Forums | Sam

I saw a rep at walmart and his knowledge was brutal. Aetna at least in IL their rates suck.

A Walmart exec said they want to be the “No. 1 healthcare provider in the industry” when they announced the “Healthcare Begins Here” program with DirectHealth a few weeks back. Now their Sam’s Club unit has launched a private health exchange in 18 states through a new partnership with Aetna. This one’s geared toward small business owners.

Just posted an article about it at the link below.

Insurance Forums | Sam

Oh yeah here's your shopping list:
Water
Paper Towels
Coffee
Sugar
Toilet Paper
Group Health Plan
:D

So Walmart will hire licensed agents who probably didn't make it on their own and pay them a small salary and small commission, it sounds like a real recipe for success.

Boy am I concerned....Not:no::no::no::no:

The messy part is that if they are only available during the AEP like the tax people, then who do they turn to for service? You got it, you and me, the local store front agent.

I've had locals that diy'd or used some telemarketing outfit for enrollment call me for service since they heard I did "Obamacare", easily informed them of the facts: "You enroll yourself, you call the plan/exchange." "You use someone over the phone, I hope you kept their phone number." I encourage them to come back during AEP, then when they have insurance through our office, they have access to unlimited service.

Will these agents be giving out free samples? I'm sure there will be some snacks next to the enrollment booth... but seriously I think its creative. At the very least they will have huge opportunities. So many point of sales. They will probably be catering to small employee count companies anyway 2-5 EE
- not my cup of tea.

The messy part is that if they are only available during the AEP like the tax people, then who do they turn to for service? You got it, you and me, the local store front agent.

I've had locals that diy'd or used some telemarketing outfit for enrollment call me for service since they heard I did "Obamacare", easily informed them of the facts: "You enroll yourself, you call the plan/exchange." "You use someone over the phone, I hope you kept their phone number." I encourage them to come back during AEP, then when they have insurance through our office, they have access to unlimited service.

Oh no G they are also there for OEP under 65.

Latest posts

Back